Chapter 22

Raven

I pace my room. Phone in hand.

"Yes, tomorrow morning would be best. We don't want to wait." He says.

"Okay." 

"Be ready with whoever you need. Roger will come help you collect them and take them back to the compound."

"Yes just please don't reveal my identity to anyone." I say.

"I'll try. This will probably make the news. You sure you don't want credit to your idea?" I can hear him smiling behind the phone.

"I want to be able to come back here and not be suspicious. Still be able to talk to the people here."

Someone talks in the background.

"Sorry, have to train. See you tomorrow." 

I put the phone down on the table and wander over to my bed. 

Plans were ready.

Tomorrow would be the day. Everything destroyed. I would take Briel and personally escort her away while the rest of Rebel Rock suffers.

Briel.

I can see her green eyes staring me down now. 

I want her. 

So bad that I'm willing to kidnap her. Matthew hasn't the slightest idea what's going on.

I can still feel her lips on mine, struggling to get away. She has strength that one. The perfect body for fighting. 

If only she would think the same of me. 

She thinks that I'm the bad guy, when really, she doesn't realize that what she's doing is illegal. Once she sees it from my perspective, she won't go back.

And just to prove how powerful I am, I'd use the people she loves against her. 

Mackenna.

Matthew.

And even James.

Poor girl would die with the weight she'd carry. And I'd be there to help.

I smile to myself as I drift off to sleep.

Tomorrow.