Nineteen

I GET READY the fast as I can. For the record, I did it for thirty seconds. I never moved that fast. Morpheus is making me feel excited about the things that don't excite me then and it feels so good inside me knowing that I'm going to see him again after two days.

Two days felt like a yearlong. But I can't ignore the fact that he's being reserved in the two days we are away. I need to know the reason why he's been acting so distant from me. I can't just slip it away. I have to act like a baby first.

I'm at the elevator and it's traveling down like a turtle! I've never witnessed this going down so slowly. Is there something wrong with this or am I the only one who is wrong? I'm in a fast furious but it seems like everything around me is not cooperating. I just want to see him. Why are they making this hard for me?

And now I wonder where are we going. Is he going to bring me to the highlands where I asked him to? If then, I should've brought a jacket or any cold resistance. I'll never want to experience what happened the night of our dinner in Tagaytay. 

What I'm doing today feels like what I did in my high school years where I sneaked out with Liam in my school and had a date but the only difference this time is it's like I'm doing something right and not against to me or even to my parents.

This is what I wanted to happen... for many years and finally, I'm experiencing it and I wish that this is for a lifetime, and if not, I would just be completely out of reality's convergence.

Truth be told, he's already there and with a pick-up and I remember that Theo owned the pick-up. Morpheus is at the door of my shotgun seat, ready to open the door for me. I seat inside, he already closed the door but he didn't utter any. He didn't even hug me! Still the same but he's just so quiet that makes me think something is fishy! What he's up to?

He's wearing a button-down white polo shirt that is fitted on the muscles on the upper part of his body and he partnered it with brown khaki shorts and with brown daddy's shoes.

He hangs his wayfarer sunglasses on the rear mirror.

"This is Theo's right?" I ask upon him getting in and already starting the engine. He didn't even move his gaze to me.

"Yeah," he shortly answers and looks at the back as we're moving backward.

I thought he wanted to see me. Why it seems not based on how he treats me right now?

I remain quiet for seconds and both of my arms are tied up below my chest. He probably noticed that I was not enjoying how he's treating me right now so he tried to lighten up my mood a bit by adding some context to what he's saying but still, it isn't enough for me! 

       If I'm with the normal Morpheus right now, he's probably holding my hands while he drives and by now we are supposed to be talking about a lot of random things.

"Theo's been working in a coffee shop so it's unusual if he uses a vehicle as his transport," he mentions.

My eyebrow furrows. "Theo's working?" I ask. I can't believe Morpheus' younger brother is working as a barista? A waiter? That shook me!

"Yeah, as a waiter," he answers shortly as he nods his head while looking at the road.

"Oh, wow! He's independent!" I utter. They are all trained to be independent. They were raised well. What I only see wrong with Tita Martha and Tito Titus' parenting is how they let arranged marriage be in their tradition. 

"No, he's not. He's just pretending to be that," he says and laughs. "It's for a girl, for sure. But you're right, I was wrong. Theophilus is independent. That boy impresses me."