Thirty-one

I FILED A case against him. I didn't hesitate. No second-guessing. It's what I want and what he deserves.

There are several pieces of evidence I have for him. His pictures are all out of the social media with him carrying the child and with the woman I saw with him that day where I was so hurt—well until now I admit that there's inside me that aches. I couldn't accept our fate and, looking at our situation right now? I know that I should. I was the one who was trampled.

I want him to feel my pain with what I served at his table.

Pictures of him carrying for what I think is a nine-month-old boy in a hotel late at night. Him pushing the stroller in the park with the woman named Fortress Valdemar and inside the hospital with some nurses who took a picture with him.

That hurts on my part and my heart is aching for our angel above. He did it with someone and it wasn't with me. He left me all alone for our dreams and hopes that someday, we'll do it together. But he didn't wait for that day. He didn't wait with me. He replaced me with someone whom I think is better than me and fuck him for that.

My phone beeps and my notification center shows me that I receive a message from a number that doesn't register to my phone. I unlock my phone and the message came through at the screen.

Unknown Number: Hello. This is Fortress Valdemar. There's an issue circling and I heard you filed a case against your husband and I just want to talk with you to clear things up. You may decide on our meet-up place with your lawyer and any of your personnel, I don't mind. Seems like things are being misunderstood here and I want to settle it down for all. I want to speak up for Morpheus. I hope you hear us out this time instead of you beating around the bush.

My brow crumples upon reading her text message. She doesn't need to cover things up. Again, I am no saint but as she said, I need to hear them up. I will command their wish for only once then after, I am done. That is their only attempt. That's their only chance.

Me: Meet me in Parañaque City Towers, thirtieth floor, room 305.

I'll be out, Siena. Call your security team to lessen your bothersome. Do you want anything to eat?" Elena smiles. She's in her get-up right now about to leave her room that she offered me to stay.

"Anything with cheese."

Her brows rise. She stops for a second. "Sure. Ingredients are on you, just like the old times."

She laughs. "Just kidding! It's on me," she says then left her unit after.

After Elena left, I immediately get ready. Fortress Valdemar texted me around eight in the morning and it's already twelve and I'm completely dressed up. I just need to wait for her.

I'm in the living room wearing a casual dress. The only dress I brought with me when I leave our house. Funny how the color of the dress is black—like revenge as if looking for justice. It has some red details that make me look more wicked.

I'm not saying that I intentionally wore it today but it seems like I did.

Sadness instantly creeps into my system. I'm alone again and I never bother to check my phone. I blocked his number and deleted all my social media accounts but my finger is fidgeting for it wants to search about some news that is circling me and Morpheus.

Three days and this has been our routine ever since I left our house in Quezon City because he came... that night and I didn't show myself up.

I couldn't.

I can still hear him yelling out my name outside our house. I was at the back of the white curtain as I watch him stumble down on the road. Dad was the one who handled him while Mom is acting up for me.