Chapter 17

Jess' P.O.V.

I woke up to the sound of laughter. I stood up, and grabbed my glasses. After putting them on, I walked to my door, and walked outside.

I went down the stairs to the living room, only to see Nash and James sitting with my mom. They were all laughing, and I was wondering what about. Instead of asking, I just walked past them and went into the kitchen.

I made myself a cup of coffee and sat down at the table. I heard someone open the door and come in. Nash came and sat next to me.

"Good morning," I said to him.

He smiled and kissed my forehead.

"Morning," he said.

I took another sip from my coffee and rubbed my eyes, still trying to fully awaken.

"How did you sleep?" I asked him.

"Alright," he said, "I would've slept better with you by my side though."

I laughed, and so did he.

"Do you want some coffee?" I asked him.

He nodded his head, and I stood up. I started making his coffee and he starts talking to me.

"So I talked to James about how I wanted to take you out on a date," he started, "and he said that was fine."

I finished his coffee, and brought it to him with a smile on my face. I sat down next to him, and rested my head on his shoulder.

"Where will we go?" I asked him.

"I'm not sure yet," he told me.

"When?"

"Tonight," he said simply.

I wasn't going to freak out, but that was a bit of a short notice.

I stood up, and went to my room to take a shower. I turned on the faucet and stepped in.

After I was done, I wrapped a towel around my body, and went in my room. I pulled out some clothes from my drawer, and I saw the scars on my wrist. They were slowly fading away. I shook it off, and finished what I was doing.

After I was done getting dressed, I put my hair up and lied on my bed. I heard the door open, and it was Nash. He came over, and gave me a hug.

He pulled away, me still in his arms.

"I'm leaving," he said.

"Okay," I told him.

He gave me a quick kiss and walked out.

I had to find things to do until our date. I don't even know when it is. I stood up, and started to clean up my room a bit. I turned on my music, and picked up some clothes.

I'm the kind of person who gets into the music without even knowing. I started to dance around a bit. I'm pretty sure I looked like a huge dork.

I snapped quickly out of my little dance session when I heard someone laughing behind me.

I quickly turned around and saw that it was Nash. I felt my cheeks get red and the tips of my ears. I looked away and laughed along with him.

"What are you doing?" I asked embarrassed.

"I came back to tell you that I'll be picking you up at 6," he said.

"Okay," I said, "now get out."

I pushed him out the door, and shut it. I leaned my back up against it, and sighed. I started laughing.

I looked over at the clock and it was 11:00 a.m. I had plenty of time to get ready for tonight, but I would need help.

I texted Nash.

"Where will we be going? I want to know what attire to wear."

I decided to text Leah too. I needed her help.

"Hey."

By the time I sent that, Nash had answered me.

"Just wear a dress. I'm not telling you where we are going though."

"Okay."

Leah texted me back.

"Hey, what's up?"

I texted her back.

"I need your help for something.."

"What is it?"

"Me and Nash are going on a date tonight and I need help from a teenage girl for getting ready. Would you?"

"Definitely! What time is the date?"

"6 tonight. But you could come over now if you want. I don't have to get ready."

"Okay, I'll be there in a few minutes."

I put my phone down, and looked around. Hopefully tonight will be perfect.