Chapter 1: Sweet Night

feels like a river's rushing through my mind. I wanna ask you if this is all just in my head.

We looked up at the sky. As the music inside the school became slower, and slower.

At this moment, my heart was beating faster. This was the time I was waiting for, this was the time where I would confess. This was the time that I tried to avoid.

As minutes passed, I moved my body to face her. That's where my heart started to beat even more faster.

She was looking at the night sky. With her eyes as blue as the ocean. With her hair as peach black as the universe. And her smile, plastered on her face, that costed a fortune.

I thought to myself. It was her. It was her that I wanted. It was kaye the whole time.

"kaye" I said. As cold air escaped through my mouth. It was freezing outside. But I did not care. The girl of my dreams were right in front of me anyway.

"yes?" she said with her lovely voice. The voice that I wanted to hear for all my life. The voice I did not appreciate until recently.

"you do know that.." I stopped. As she looked at me with her beautiful blue eyes. I feel like I couldn't say it. I don't think I'm ready after all.

She chuckled. "come on, what is it cedric?".

"you do know that"

"know what?"

"i love your, right?" I said with all my chest. I looked down to my hands. I never imagined that I could say that. That I had the guts to confess!

I coudn't looked at her reaction. My heart was pounding tonight.

We sat there awkwardly.

As minutes passed I decided to look up. Slowly, slowly, slowly...

My gaze stopped at her eyes. It was watery. Tears started raining down. As if it was telling me to go away.

I sat there, looking at her, not knowing what to do. Feels like a river's rushing through my mind.

Kaye stood up. She took her purse. And started to run. As fast as she can.