#1: Buttercup by Jack Stauber

She picked a dandelion and put it in my hand. She picked another one and put it in my pocket. She picked again and put it in my ear. I'm confused.

"Favorite mo?" I asked, talking about how plenty of dandelion is in my hands. 

"No." she answered. I stared at her, looking if she's being sarcastic. But she looking right at my eyes with honesty. She's telling the truth. So, why is she picking them every time she see one?  

She smiled, so sweet, making me smile back. She always confused me. Maybe, that's why I liked her in the first place.  She always give me this unfamiliar feeling in a way I liked. I feel like I am always in a new adventure with her, she never failed to surprise me. 

"They looked good on you. That's why." 

Nobody do the way she do it. 

I told her to bring me somewhere, in some place. As expected, she already know where to go. Now, we're here in the middle of nowhere [for me] full of trees, flowers, and leaves. Pataas kami ng mala-bundok. She's walking ahead of me. Two feet away from me. I stared at her back. Her hair is silky, shiny, and long. Not too black but not too brown. Autumn, that's what she looks like. With her yellow socks and dirty white pair of shoes. Her simple plain nude t-shirt doesn't look so ordinary. I feel some heat in my stomach. 

Simple yet why is it too colorful through my eyes? Is it the way she deliver it or is it just me? How does everything she do put out rainbows? I like it. I love it. I'm loving it.

Raining doesn't seem so sad if I'm be with her.  

We finally come to the ending point, a cliff. The cold breeze of air welcomed me with a mix of the scent of wet leaves.  I was in awed by the beauty of twilight. City lights from the far away buildings looks good in here. I didn't know there's such a place like this. She never failed me. 

"I knew it. I know you would like it here." she said with a smile. Yes, you're right. I do. I watched her walked near to the cliff edge. Staring down. I was scared for a little. I know she's not going to jump. Wait. I'm not quite sure. She always surprise me. But, I hope not to that point. 

She looked at me with the eyes that I do not know where it came from. Is it sad? Confused? I don't know. What is she thinking right now?

"Do you love me?" she asked out of blue. I nodded, exaggerated. I do. I do. I do! Deeply. I want to tell her how she shines through my eyes. How could she ask an obvious thing? "If I told you to jump from this cliff, would you do it?" she continue. With a genuine smile. 

She really do confused me. I think that's what I like about her. She always leave me wondering.  

"Forget it, 

I'll do it sometime 

 I'm locked up on the button 

 Can't you do it sometime 

 Pushed it in too far 

 Fine, electrify mine 

 Electrify my golden tooth 

 Can't look at your eyes 

 Without sparking some 

 Electrify my heart 

 Surprise, I'm in the same time 

 Beneath the same sun 

 Oh man you cut me to size 

 My little buttercup"