Chapter 2: Ghost Town

It took us about an hour to think of a plan and it turned out to be a pretty good one. When we got in the elevator we spilt into two teams, mom was with the parents and I was with the kids. At first, I didn't think this was a good idea, but I knew that someone had to protect them, and it wasn't good to all be huddled together when we got to the bottom floor. By the time we got to the bottom the kids were stuck to me like a magnet, but I had to keep them safe. We went to the left while my mom and the others went to the right.

There were so many infected we couldn't turn back now, I encountered three infected before we got to the exit I didn't know what to do but I managed to get one of them before they pinned us. I couldn't do anything, but I had a job to do and that's what I did. There was an opening the kids could get through, so I pushed them that direction good thing they caught on. Mom and the others were having worse problems than I was having but I couldn't think about them now. One of the kids came back to me but he had a hammer in his hand, I was so relieved I grabbed the hammer and managed to get through one of the infected which was all I needed to do.

I went to find his sister afterwards and ended up finding her in a closet. She was so scared I had to comfort her, I understood what she was going through and no child needed to be in this situation, but this is the world we live in now we're going to have get used it, but who am I kidding I was scared shitless this was the first time we had to do something like this. I told her we couldn't waste time our parents were in trouble and we needed to do something fast because those dead fuckers were surrounding them. I told them to stay in the closet and don't up the door until they heard my voice. I ran over too mom and them and did my best to lore the infected away, I managed to some attention, so I ran the other direction. Good thing was these ones were slow if I am dealing with runners I don't think any of us would have made it.

The others were able to get away without a problem but now it was me that need the help. Whatever they were hiding in mom apparently found a gun, she was able to kill the rest of the infected. I couldn't believe we made it we killed every dead thing in the lobby. We made sure everyone else was ok, they seemed to be fine. We all looked around anything for anything useful we were able to find a little bit of food but not enough for everyone.

Then there it was the exit that would take us out into world that we once knew. Me and mom were the first ones to walk out but there was no excitement or anything on our minds all we saw were destruction, bodies were everywhere, cars were on fire some destroyed with nothing left on them. The worst thing of was there were no people not even infected walking around roaming the streets, it's like we were the only people left on the planet, but I knew that wasn't possible. What the fuck could have caused something like this now all we do is survive but for what, is anything ever going to go back to way they were or is this our world now. The only thing we can do now watch each other's back and hope and pray that everywhere else isn't like this but we all know that, that's not going to be possible.