It Was Only A Kiss

Oh no.

Sweaty hands? Check. Beet red cheeks? Check. Pretty girl standing pretty close? Check.

It was only a kiss. Like barely even a peck on the cheek, but her lips were so soft and she closed her eyes and- No, Jack, pull yourself together. You're 14, almost 15. As far as she knows you've already had your first kiss, just play it cool.

"Heh, thanks."

What were you thinking! You don't say 'thank you' to someone who just kissed you, that's just weird. I've completely screwed up this time. Ugh!

"Weirdo."

She's giggling, that's fine, right? I'm the worst at reading messages from girls. Oh, she looks so cute though, her hair twirling around her face like a cloud of flames. That cloud could envelop me any day- NO! Thoughts like that are disrespectful, that's what Dad said, at least. I just have to wait until she likes me back, then I can be weird around her and she won't think I'm strange.

Just get out of this now before you embarrass yourself even further.

"See you Wednesday Night, I've got some homework to chew for tomorrow. Bye!"

"Yeah..." She's squinting at me, I've done something wrong. "I've also gotta chew some homework, See you Wednesday!"

She's leaving, she's leaving, she's leaving... She's gone.

Okay, now I can reflect on how stupid I acted after that lovely, sweet, delicious kiss. I acted like a complete idiot, why did I mess up my words. Was I nervous? Maybe My brain turned into mush. Either way, I acted so dumb, so idiotic, so feeble-minded, that it weirded her out. HER of all people. The person who stuffed cockroaches into her pocket because they're 'nutritious'. The person who swallowed a spider whole, just because. The person who took a shot of dirt because it will make her 'immune system stronger', she ended up getting sick the next day from a completely unrelated thing.

Even though I mention those, a part of me says this is why I love her. She's weird, she doesn't care what she looks like, she likes hanging out with me. We're best friends, and we always will be.

I just wish the love was mutual as well.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Hey, hope you liked that!

I'll be posting these little scenes whenever I can. I would appreciate requests to inspire me and help me write things that are interesting to you. (And maybe some other people too!)

Anyway, the point is, I struggle with inspiration and stuff like that.

Hope that was ok.

Sincerely, me.