Clumsy

Her hand suddenly covered her mouth, her brain trying to process what had just gone down. Danny was standing there, holding that little barbie's hips and making out with such passion that Linnie couldn't conceive it. Tears, dozens started rolling down her cheeks and pooling in the crooks of her hands.

Her feet seemed to have a life of their own as they started taking off in the opposite direction, heading for the door. The texture of the coarse gravel hadn't fazed her, as she sprinted away from whatever mess had happened there.

After 10 minutes of running, Linnie's shoes started to give in, she could feel the blisters already. Hobbling for a further 5 mins, she came across Jaleppi's Perfect Parlour. 

"Jack." She muttered his name under her breath, half in relief and half in a plea.

She shuffled to the other side of the building, cursing to her damned shoes, and spotted the fire escape. As Jack slept sound in his bed, Linnie climbed those steps like her life depended on it, until her shoes got caught in parallel gaps. They were firmly planted there and she was only able to get one out.

She clambered up the rest of the stairs, tugging her shoe back on once she made it to the window. She knocked, just loud enough to wake him up, but quiet enough so that no one else would hear.

He swung the window open, flashlight at the ready.

"What are you doing here," He remarked, bitter that he was stuck at home when she was out partying. "why aren't you with your super-hot boyfriend and those bitchy cheerleaders?"

At the mention of the man that broke her heart, she cried out in pain. Like her heart had been stabbed 1,000 times. She was confused, she didn't know how to feel. Angry? Sad? Happy that a jerk like that is out of her life? She didn't know.

A stirring at the back of the room, beside Jack's bed, stopped the two teenagers in their tracks.

"Listen," Jacks eyes softened as he spoke in a barely audible tone. "Miles is here, and sleeping deep, just come in and we can speak quietly about what happened." He offered a soft smile which Linnie gladly accepted.

Linnie stepped up on the window sill, holding Jack's hands for support, she noticed how her hands locked perfectly with his.

All of a sudden, her heel got caught on the window frame and caused her to collapse onto Jack. Which, subsequently, caused him to fall backwards onto his bed.

For a moment, time stopped. Everything stayed in the same place and time, and everything felt right. Linnie found herself straddling Jack, who looked frozen with shock. Jack never noticed how her lips were like a perfect curve from each corner of her mouth, or how her deep cerulean eyes were a beautiful contrast to her wavy red hair. He never noticed every singular freckle across her cheeks, but now he does. Now he notices every little feature on her face.

Linnie stared down at him, not knowing what she should do.

Her legs felt shakey and her heart heavy. She was confused. She knew that. But when Jack had touched her leg gently to stop it from shaking, she had made up her decision.

She leaned down and her lips met his, she noticed they were surprisingly soft. Jack gently flipped them both over, so he was on top. Though, Linnie still had her legs wrapped around his waist, possibly tighter. Jack broke the kiss.

"Wait, what about Miles?"

"You said he's a deep sleeper right?"

"Yes but-" She cut him off with a peck.

"Please, I really need this right now."

Jack glanced down at Miles, sprawled out on the floor near the end of his bed, and sighed. She smiled and they continued where they left off.

Unknowingly, they drifted off into a deep slumber. Jack's arms around her waist, his hands resting in the small of her back.

"AAAAGH!"

They were jolted awake by a yell that seemed to last forever.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Oooo, I love writing about Jack and Linnie!

I have created a new Character too, so look out for him in other scenes.

I hope you're enjoying this so far! If you're not, please tell me what I could be doing better. I really want to practice my writing and get all the help I  can get.

Thanks for reading!

Sincerely, me