●12●

Crystal sat on the counter as her feet swayed back and forth.

"So what are we doing? Summer is almost up" she whined.

Jk side eyed her as he mopped the floor.

"We've done alot"

She rolled her eyes. "We went to the beach like twice and maybe two summer parties together. That's not enough"

He sighed. "I know but I've just been busy plus my mom's been acting weird the whole week and Tiana's exam is in two days"

Crystal hopped off the counter. " I understand your mom but Tiana? You're letting pussy mess up your summer?"

Jk scrunched his nose up. "Don't even start"

"Start what?" She asked annoyed. "You've been hanging with her alot and if it isn't her it's Lizzie which I find suspicious since you claim to not like her"

Jk paused his mopping as he held the tip of the stick to look at her. "Are you jealous that I'm hanging with other females?"

"No that's not the point it's just that we had major plans and you're kicking me to the curb"

Jk chuckled. "I'm not, it's just that I have a life outside of getting drunk"

Crystal furrowed her brows. "Yeah whatever dude" she left.

■□■□■■■□■□

Jk was sitting in his car with a cheese burger as Lizzie sipped on her vanilla milkshake.

"So I was thinking we could hit the theatre tonight" she turned to face him.

Jk swallowed as he took a sip of his drink.

"As much as that sounds appealing I'll be busy tonight" he shut her down slowly.

Lizzie nodded. "Okay" she said under her breath. "Tiana again?"

He nodded as he stuffed his mouth with fries.

"What's the deal bruh?"  She asked harshly. "What is this?" She asked. "What are we really? You've been ditching me for Tiana and only seeing me at night"

Jk furrowed his brows. "This doesn't look like night to me" he looked around outside.

"It's 5pm"

"And? I have work. I told you I'll be busy at the cafe with my mom more since she's been going through alot"

Lizzie sighed. "Okay yeah I know about that but Tiana?"

"I'm her tutor"

"And you like her"

Jk stayed quiet. "Lizzie I was having a great time and now you're just killing it"

Lizzie scoffed. "I'm killing it?"

"Yes!" His voice rosed. "Just let me take you home" he turned the engine.

"That's fine I can call an uber since I'm killing the mood"

Jk rolled his eyes annoyingly. "I won't let you do that"