F o u r t e e n

The setter guessed that it was around one in the morning when he began to walk home. Unfortunately, his phone had died a few hours prior, but he thanked the stars consistently on the way back to his house. The reason being because he had no school or practice tomorrow, otherwise he would've been royally screwed.

He slightly turned the doorknob to reveal two unhappy parents sitting on the sofa once he had walked in. Akihiko felt nervous beads of sweat trickle down his face and once he shut the door, his black haired father went off on him first.

"WHAT WERE YOU DOING OUT AT THIS HOUR?! ON A THURSDAY NIGHT?! DO YOU UNDERSTAND THAT YOU COULD'VE BEEN KIDNAPPED?! WHY DIDN'T YOU ANSWER YOUR TEXTS?! YOUR FATHER WAS WORRIED ABOUT—" he was stopped by his ginger haired father.

"Tobio, take it easy with him. I'm certainly not happy with him either, but Akane is asleep upstairs." Hinata did his best to calm his husband down, patting a seat next to him on the couch.

"Here, sit next to me. Let's talk, just the three of us." His shorter father continued, letting Akihiko explain what happened and his thoughts.

"Ah, I understand completely!" Hinata exclaimed to his son. "Tobio, how about you?"

Kageyama sat still, remaining deep in his thoughts. He rested his head on his hands and sighed, saying, "I think I understand as well. Just give Tsuneo and yourself some time to sort yourselves out, be sure you're confident in your feelings about Yoichi."

Akihiko nodded, acknowledging his parents' words. "Thank you.. thank you so much." He beckoned for them to rise from where they were sitting, the fathers glancing at each other in confusion.

They stood up and so did their son. Akihiko jumped into their arms and mumbled in their embrace, saying, "I love you two, you know that?"

The dads were both thrown off by that small affectionate gesture, but gladly accepted it. "We love you too, Akihiko," Kageyama replied, holding him close.

The three of them pulled away and Akihiko went upstairs to go to bed. Kageyama and Hinata returned to their original seats, the setter rubbed his temples in frustration.

"Is there another issue?" The middle blocker dared to ask, but his husband shook his head.

"Actually, not at all. Although.." Kageyama trailed off and sighed again. "I'm a bit concerned about him potentially dating one of Oikawa's children."

"Tobio.." The ginger frowned and walked over to him, sitting on his lap. "Do you realize that Tooru isn't that bad of a person anymore, right? He was struggling with other problems, you know."

"I do know, it's just—" he was interrupted by his spouse pressing his lips against his. Kageyama's eyes widened, but he didn't complain whatsoever, as this was luxurious to him.

Their passionate kiss continued for another minute or two until Hinata pulled away, cupping Kageyama's cheeks. "It'll be okay, my Tobio."

Kageyama's only reply was, "D-Dumbass," with his face flushing bright red. "I love you too." Hinata smiled and pecked his cheek, leaping off of his lap.

"We'll feel much better in the morning if we go to sleep now." The shorter boy stretched and yawned loudly. Kageyama picked him up from the collar of his shirt, dragging him into their room, shutting their bedroom door behind him.

They both climbed into bed, the taller boy showering his partner in kisses. Hinata burst into laugher, blushing, falling more in love with Kageyama with each second that passed.

"I love you, Tobio~." Hinata ruffled Kageyama's hair and kissed his forehead.

"I love you too, Shouyou." Kageyama replied, settling in his position to spoon the shorter boy.

"See you in the morning, my setter." Hinata mumbled, burying his head into Kageyama's chest. Kageyama couldn't help but smile and reply with,

"See you in the morning too, my middle blocker."