Chapter 1: Turning Tables

DISCLAIMER:  This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, businesses, places, events, locales, and incidents are either the products of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.

Plagiarism is a Crime. 

© 2020

................................................................................................................................................................

I pouted my lips after putting lipstick on it and winked to myself. Today is our 2nd anniversary with my best friends! I am so excited to give them the gifts I prepared a month earlier for my gals! I know they would love this!

A knock was heard from the outside and the door opened.

"Pen, me and your dad are now leaving for work. Mag ingat ka sa lakad mo, okay?" my mom said as she walks toward me and kissed my cheeks.

"Dalaga na talaga baby namin. Keep safe sweety."

"Keep safe mom! I love you too. Please tell dad that as well." I said and kissed her goodbye. Then, she's gone.

I looked myself at the mirror again and when I was contented, I hurriedly go downstairs.

"Manong Tope! Let's go na po. My friends are waiting and I am so excited to give these to them." I said while showing him the paper bags while walking to our garage.

"Yes mam ! " Sigaw ni manong na nagkandauga-uga sa pag ubos ng breakfast niya. I laughed at him.

"Finish it. I'll wait for you in the car." I laughed ng makita siyang mabilaukan na agad namang binigyan ng tubig ni Ate Shula, kasambahay namin.

Not too long after I came inside, dumating na rin si Manong Tope and we make our way.

" Naku mam! Napakapinagpala naman ng mga kaibigan ninyo na pagbibigyan niyo niyan."

" Hahaha. Ako po ang blessed, Manong at may kaibigan akong tulad nila. I never imagined na magtatagal kami ng two years. All my friends before lasts for just a couple of days or weeks. I don't know if ganyan ba talaga ako kaboring, but no one stays with me for a longer period of time.

But that was before! No more negas!. Kaya they really deserve these gifts I prepared for them. I even ordered these perfumes and make ups abroad. I know they would love them! I can't wait to see them surprised!"

"Siguro po akong magugustuhan nila po yan, mam." sabay ngiti ni Manong sa rear view mirror.

Finally, nakarating na rin kami sa cafe shop.

"Manong we will have a good time today so you can go home now and rest. I'll just call you if I need you to fetch me."

"Sige po mam. Ingat po kayo."

I smiled and went out. The guard opened the door for me and I stepped in when my phone rang.

"Good morning, maam." I just nod at him and answered the call and stopped.

"Yes, Mallory?" I smiled giggly.

I am already seeing them a few tables away.

"Where are you now?" she asked while smiling while the two were looking at her seriously. Of course, I want to surprise them.

" I am still at home waiting for my driver. I'll be there in 30 minutes. I'm sorry. Please wait a little longer!"

I started walking to their directions holding the bags on my left hand at my back. I was on their side and they were looking elsewhere so they are not seeing me yet. Of course, there is a stand vase that covers me preventing them to see me. I hid, enough for me to hear them.