Chapter 2 Boulevard

I let the cold wind blew my hair covering my face. I did not mind it para hindi rin ako makita sa mga taong dumadaan sa gawi ko. I felt being comforted with its calm sound. I am facing the sea with my back facing at the traffic. I'm at the boulevard.

I can't stop the small sobs that escape. I don't have the strength to even stop it. OA? That is me for being a loner since I was a kid and just when I found some people whom I thought, I can trust, were actually fooling me.

I took the small rectangular box which contains my real gifts for them. Inside were four best friend bracelets. Each has its corresponding heart shape pendant that contains short lines of friendship quotes. Good thing, I did not have separate boxes and had each inside the paper bags I gave them. I want to give these to those people who really deserve these. I spent a huge amount of penny almost giving these to those fake ones. It's a blessing I found out, though it is a little late already.

I was surprised when somebody came to me.

"Hi. Puwedeng tumabi?" a woman's voice.

I didn't bother looking up at her. I even bowed down my head even more. I placed the bracelets back inside the box and hold it still.

" I'm sorry. I wish to be alone."

She still sat beside me. Oh, my. She asked! but still did as she please.

Why does this girl invade my space?

"Napanood mo na ba yong movie ni Kath and Alden?"

I unconsciously looked at her direction.

" Y-yes. W-why? It's 'Hello, Love, Goodbye.'" confused.

" It is better to share your problems with a total stranger because there is no judgment. At least, sa kanya hindi ka mahihiya kasi hindi kayo magkakilala."

"You can share it with me. May oras akong makinig ."

She is right and I can still remember that scene in the movie. It won't hurt if I share a little right?

I sighed.

" I discovered that my supposed to be best friends were fooling me. They just used me for their b-benefits." I mumbled.

"Oh. I see. Sorry to hear that."

"It's fine." You asked for it.

We were silent for a few minutes until she broke it.

"I don't think there is such a term 'best friend'. You search that term in dictionary online, you won't find it. I do believe a friend exists though but I doubt its significance. I don't believe we need one. Friends, they only suck your energy. They will only hinder you from reaching your goals"

I gasped at her opinion.

"How can you say that?" I said looking at her, not minding my hair covering my face. Not caring how I look like.

"If you need to make decisions in life, you have to consider them." She looked at the sky.

"They will be part of every move you make. In short, they are a great factor on hindering you from your success. In the end, they are nothing but burdens in the end." she smiled at me." This is the time I saw her face. She is plain, with no make-ups and pale lips. She has a poker face but I can say she's pretty.

"But, they can also be great motivators to your success. They will help you know yourself better and be a better person. They'll help you tell which part you can do better to be a better version of you."

She looked at me, I bowed down and place the box on my side.

She smiled. "An individual can do it alone without someone's help, lady." she is firm.