Chapter 1: SIDTH MACHINA: the Deputy God of Time

CHAPTER 1: SIDTH MACHINA—the Deputy God of Time

[Part 1]

—Searching files in query...

"Search complete!"

—Retrieving files from the database...

"Retrieval complete!"

—Checking status and updates...

"ALL GREEN! Code_ A. L. I. C. E. Ready to be deployed."

"Say old fart! Ain't you too old to sexually harass a junior high school student? Are you trying to be MangKanor?!"

Accompanied by a monotonous voice from a young girl, a scornful shout of a young man roared all over the town park.

Because she was not able to shriek, the overwhelming fear accumulated inside her was not released. As a result, the victimized girl lost her consciousness and collapsed powerlessly on the ground.

The old man looked for the source of the voice. He let his sight roam around the park. Then he sensed something above. Up ahead there were two silhouettes at the top of the clock tower at the middle of the town park.

"Say Alice... do we really have to do this?"

"What do you mean?"

"Well... this kind of entrance... isn't it a bit embarrassing?"

"Don't worry Sidth. Nico said that it would increase our public appeal!"

The two people who are unbelievably on top of the high tower in the middle of the town park were a young man and a little girl. The young man seems yet to be approaching the peak of youth. His age was appears to be around 16 or 17. He was talking to the little girl sitting at the edge of the roof, besides him. The little girl is around at the age of a 3rd grader elementary schooler as her appearance suggests.

The little girl was very eye-catching. She gives off a very innocent and delicate charm, but at the same time, possesses an otherworldly atmosphere that could take away anyone's breath.

Her hair sways as it was gently being caressed by the midnight breeze. The color of the hair was too bright to be violet, yet also gives of different charm from pink. If you would assign a color to it...it would be magenta.

Her emerald-like eyes are full of mysteries as it looks at somewhere beyond the horizon.

"That's not what I mean! I say, why we have to do all this to appeal when there's always no people watching whenever we are fighting those guys?!"

(Also it's awfully embarrassing to do this with many people watching, you know.)

That's probably the main reason he didn't want to do such things. Suddenly a cool, deadpan voice came out from behind him.

"...Now, now... calm down Sid. Just think of this as a rehab program to cure your..."

"My...?"

"...Arachnophobia?"

"I AM NOT AFRAID OF SPIDERS! Also, what's the connection of fear of spiders with shouting at high places? Please think of a more appropriate excuse!"

"...You're really only good at complaining, aren't you."

"Please give me a break."

"...Later—"

After that the voice in a form of a shadow disappeared. It would be more correct to say that it moved to a different location as the two could still feel its fading presence.