The explaination

Louis's POV:
I sat down and sighed heavily. "Well, it happened four years ago, and her name was Talia Meyers. She was a month younger than me, we had pretty much known each other since birth cause our mum's had went to school together since 8th grade. Now you see in my opinion Talia was stunning, but she picked up some bad habits in about 10th grade and she uh," I had gotten to the most horrid part. "She uh, was diagnosed with cancer after having to take an emergency trip to the hospital and the doctor's said she had a 72% chance of living, that's a pretty good chance but there's the other 28% that she could die. Well the 28% chance won this time, and 8 1/2 months later, Talia had passed away at 17 years of age. Her passing had taken a huge toll on me. It got to the point I was so depressed I had begun to do drugs, drink, and what some people wouldn't even imagine me to do, and that is cut myself, or anything to get her off my mind. But nothing would work. I wouldn't talk a lot to the lads or JC or anyone for that matter. And that's about it and I'm sorry if I made you sad, I didn't mean too." I explain to her as I watch her eyes start to brim with tears and her right hand is covering her mouth. "Umm was Talia your best friend?" She asks. "No, she was my girlfriend." I reply quietly as my voice cracks.