Chapter 1

A little boy around the age of five was sitting alone on top of a boulder in the park. The spot was kinda unnoticed by most visitors of the park because it was located behind the bushes. No one had walked in since he had been there; it was the perfect hang out place for him. He preferred to sulk there quietly instead of watching other kids play around the park. He was too sad to watch everyone playing out there with smile on their faces.

"Hey... Are you okay?" a little girl around the same age as him asked.

He got startled at first, because he didn't expect anyone would find him here, not even his aunt Carin. He gazed towards the direction where the voice came from, and he saw the most beautiful girl he has ever seen. Her curly hair was braided to her sides, and Justin instantly smiled when he saw her. He just couldn't help but smile.

"Hi," she greeted shyly as she walked closer to him hesitantly.

"Hey, do you want to maybe take a seat?" He was taught to be always nice and polite to girls, so that was what he did.

"Sure. What's your name?" Climbing up the rock, she noticed that his eyes looked a bit tired, much like how her daddy looked as he walked in their house a couple of times, looking stressed from his work.

"Justin," he replied with a small smile.

"I'm Selena," she introduced herself.

"You're the girl next door," he remembered because he noticed her peeking from her house's window when he stepped out of the taxi that morning.

"Yeah. You don't live here, right?"

"I live in Canada, but my parents got divorced and my mom got forced to send me here so she could work without taking care of me."

Selena's smile turned into a frown as she watched a sigh escape Justin's lips.

"Is that why you're sad?"

"Yes, she left a while ago."

"I'm sure she loves you, though," she said, trying to cheer him up. She never liked seeing anyone sad.

"I know." Both Selena and Justin smiled.

"Do you want to be friends?" she asked him nicely.

"Yes!" Justin replied quickly right after she finished her question. He wanted someone who would distract him from being sad while his mother's gone.

"Selena!" They both turned their heads towards the left side as they heard someone yell Selena's name.

"That's my nanny, Ellie," she said as she rolled her eyes. "I'm here!"

"Oh, thank goodness, there you are!" Ellie gasped as she became visible.

"Justin! I've been looking for you all over the place!" Carin, Justin's aunt yelled worriedly as she walked towards the two kids.

"Sorry, I just wanted to be alone," he told her with a sigh as Carin hugged Justin.

"Hi Carin!" Selena greeted her cheerfully.

"Hi Selly! It looks like you already met my nephew."

"Yeah!" Selena giggled.

All four of them talked for a while, but they have noticed that the sky was getting dark, indicating it would rain.

"We have to head home, Justin."

"Okay."

"I wanna walk with Justin home," Selena requested as she looked at Ellie and Carin. Both adults nodded, and Selena skipped towards Justin and linked his hand on hers.