Chapter 29

Pain woke Selena from her sleep. She found herself inside the bedroom of the new apartment she shared with Cameron. It was very dark inside the room.

She looked on the bedside table and saw that it was already seven in the evening. She felt disorientated at first. But as soon as the memories from her last encounter with Cameron flooded her mind, she was back to panic mode. Her head was aching and she felt pain everywhere in her body when she tried to move.

With all her might, she sat up and turned on the lamp. That was the time she saw Cameron sleeping on the couch opposite the bed. She felt scared at the sight of him. Her mind was contemplating whether she should try to escape or not. She didn't want to get caught by him, but she was dying to get out of the horrid place. God knows what else he could do to her.

Her fear rose up when she saw him move in the couch. The next thing she knew, he was walking over to her spot on the bed. She couldn't really see him clearly because of the darkness, but she was terrified of what he might do to her. The light from the lamp soon illuminated his face. All she saw was the look of sorrow on his face.

"Hey," he spoke to her calmly as he sat on the edge of the bed.

Selena backed up against the headboard. Terror was evident in her eyes and her skin looked pale as if she saw a ghost.

"Are you feeling okay? I gave you something so you'll be able to sleep well." His heart broke at the sight of her. She looked so terrified at him as if he was a monster. "I won't hurt you, Selena. I'm so sorry for what I did earlier. I was just tired and confused. I didn't mean to hurt you," he apologized as he moved closer towards her.

His hand landed on her knee and it caused her to start crying.

"Don't touch me," she whispered as she swatted his hand away, causing him to let out a sigh.

"I'm sorry. I won't hurt you again... and I forgive you for what you did." He wanted her back to him and he wouldn't take 'no' as an answer.

Selena lifted her gaze so she could look him in the eye. He was sincere with his apology but she didn't want to be with him anymore. She never wanted to be with a violent man. But with her condition, she knew she couldn't escape. She had decided to play along with him because it was the only way she could save herself.

"Okay." Her answer was short and timid, but it produced a smile on his face.

"Are you hurt? Are you hungry? Tell me," he said as he caressed the side of her face. There was no doubt that he was totally in love with her.

"My head and my body hurts," she told him quietly. She was disgusted that she was letting him touch her, but she had to make sacrifices to be able to survive the torture she brought herself into.

"Okay, I'll get some medicine and food. Don't be scared anymore," he made a move closer and wrapped his arms around her. She closed her eyes in dread as she stiffened under his touch.

Although Cameron suddenly acted so sweet towards her, he also had set some rules. Selena wasn't allowed to leave the bedroom, and he also banned her from using her cell phone, the telephone, and the laptop. She thought he was going psycho, but she didn't make a comment. Above all of that, he treated her bruises and gave her medicine. He looked like he regretted ever hurting her, but she could also see in his eyes that he thought she deserved what he did to her.

Everything that Selena needed was inside the bedroom. Cameron was about to go to work, but first, he made sure that she wouldn't need to leave the room, so he brought in some food, medicine, and other things she needed. He disconnected the telephone unit from the line and brought it out of the room, together with her cell phone and their laptops. He made sure that all communication devices were taken out of the bedroom. He had locked the door leading towards the terrace also, so there wasn't really a chance for her to escape.