Chapter 15

Justin grabbed Selena's hand and led her further inside his penthouse. They were welcomed by a middle aged woman named Rachel, who happened to be Justin's only housekeeper. She greeted both Justin and Selena, and Justin asked her to make them some hot coffee.

"Joshua is here, sir. Mr and Mrs Mallette are in town. They are going to pick-up Joshua later," Rachel informed Justin.

Who's Joshua? Mrs. Mallette? She must be Justin's mom, Pattie, Selena thought silently.

"Joshua's here?" he asked in disbelief.

"Yes, sir," she answered politely.

"Well, please tell Angela to keep Joshua away from the living room before-" He got interrupted with adorable giggles from a little boy who came out of one of the rooms in Justin's apartment.

"You're home!" the five year-old Joshua screamed as he ran towards Justin gleefully. He hugged Justin's legs as he looked up to him with a big grin on his face.

"There you are, Joshua! I missed you, baby boy!" Justin said sweetly as he picked-up Joshua and nestled him in his arms.

"I missed you too!" Joshua mumbled with a grin on his face.

"Is he your kid?" Selena asked innocently. She felt like an alien in this place. Everything was confusing to her.

"No, are you kidding?" Justin laughed. "He's my little brother. He's a bit shy around pretty girls," he said as he noticed Joshua who was hiding his face in his shirt.

"Oh, sorry," she muttered, embarrassed. "Hi Joshua! I'm Selena!" she greeted nicely.

Joshua grinned at her and opened his arms, implying he wanted her to carry him.

"Hello!" he greeted back as Selena took him from Justin's arms.

"Wow, he seldom goes with people he doesn't usually know. He must like you a lot." Justin felt amazed at the immediate bond between Selena and his little brother.

"Selena is pretty!" he squealed as he wrapped his arms around her neck.

Selena blushed at the statement of the little boy, and Justin just let out a chuckle.

"Yes she is," Justin agreed.

Soon enough, Justin and Selena left Joshua as they entered the big and luxurious living room. They sat down and waited for the coffee, which was served sooner than what they were expecting.

"Shall we start?" Justin asked before he sipped on his cup.

"Yeah," Selena muttered nervously.

"I think you should ask me questions. I really don't know how to start." He didn't plan on flooding her with all the information of their childhood. So he thought it would be best if he would let her ask him questions and he would answer as honestly as he could.

Selena paused for a bit as she raked her brain for some questions.

"Well, how did you know me?" she finally asked.

"I moved from Canada to LA because my parents got divorced. You were my first friend in LA. I thought it was the saddest day I would ever have in my existence, not until you came along later that day."

*****************************

~FLASHBACK~

"Hi," she greeted shyly as she walked closer to him hesitantly.

"Hey, do you want to maybe take a seat?" He was taught to be always nice and polite to girls, so that was what he did.

"Sure. What's your name?" Climbing up the rock, she noticed that his eyes looked a bit tired, much like how her daddy looked as he walked in their house a couple of times, looking stressed from his work.