A week short of a Month Later

Tina and her group of friends stood down my the beach eating hotdogs. 

"I feel so free!" Jimmy Jr inhaled the beach air. 

"You look so free." Tina replied. 

"Thanks Tina." He winked. 

Tina felt a tap on her back and turned around fo become face to face with Josh who was receiving dirty looks from Jimmy Jr. 

"Hi. I came down with Gene but you seem to keep ignoring me, if this as awkward becuase you don't want to date me than you can tell me and Gene and I can hang out on the other side of the beach with my dance group." 

"Sounds liks a great idea." Jimmy Jr interjected. 

"No, you don't have to go. You can hang out here." 

"Who's this again?" Jocelyn asked. 

Tina rolled her eyes and sighed. 

"Look Tina, I get it if you're not ready or if you'll never be. My friends want to be with me and they're planning on hanging out on this side of the beach but Gene and his friends are willing to move down there. I just need a real answer." 

"I- I wanna spend the summer with you." She answered. 

"You do?" Jimmy Jr and Zeke asked looking angry. 

"I- I mean- I wanna spend summer all together."

Josh pouted sadly, looking kinda angry and maybe regretful.

 "Can't we?" She asked. 

"I- I don't know." Josh said apologetically

"Yeah. He should go back to his "dancer" friends." Jimmy Jr said judgmentally finger quoting the word 'dancer'

Zeke laughed hard. "Good one J Ju!"

"You two were complimenting each other's dancing at Josh's dance." Tina mentioned in question. 

"Yeah and that was that." Josh answered with his eyes locked on Jimmy Jr's 

"Yeah, now he can go." Jimmy Jr agreed. 

"Nobody won that contest, you're both great dancers. We can all hang out."

"Tina, I don't wanna be rude but the only reason nobody won was because you couldn't decide. Don't get me wrong, Jimmy Jr is an amazing dancer, he is.

"Even though you're an okay dancer, I still won that situation." Jimmy scoffed. "She never saw you again and I got to kiss her a lot more times."

"What? Gene said you weren't dating!"

"You don't have to be dating to kiss someone! You kissed her while she was in a freezer and had just seen what she looked like."

"Tina, you're amazing and beautiful and strong and you've gone randomly kissing a guy who believes you don't have to date a girl to kiss her. He's probably randomly kissing more girls."

"I would never kiss another girl!"

"Then why can't you ask her out?"

"We've been on plenty of dates!" He fired. 

"Then why can't you ask her to be your girlfriend!?"

Jimmy Jr fell silent. 

"Uhhhh, Jimmy Jr, that's where you answer." Jocelyn said. 

"This is so exciting!" Tammy exclaimed silently clapping her hands. 

"That's what I thought. My friends are already moving in this direction and Gene and I are in the middle of building a sandcastle so we'll be here a little down the beach. We'll try not to bother you Jr." He said with his arms crossed before he walked away.