Chapter 4- The Mission

(a/n shout out to @StyleyMarvel for helping me out with this chapter a lot. She's planning on writing something in the very not so near future, so go follow her so you can wait it out with me)

Alex's Pov

Now the Avengers knew about Alex's secret identity, hanging around the tower was a lot less stressful. Alex was able to use her powers in training, and go out on patrol a lot more often than normal. Now the only problem was that Alex was subjected to constant questioning from everyone. Tony wanted to know her MO, Bruce was always checking her for injuries after patrol, Clint wanted to know how she had such good aim, Natasha was being... a mom, and Thor still had no idea what was going on, all he understood was that the mortal girl whose name is Alex isn't mortal and that she was now going to come on missions with them.

Peter, Wanda, and Alex would gossip in their hideout, (the abandoned lab on the 7th floor), about how much attention Alex was getting. Peter was always complaining that Alex got more attention than him, but Alex pointed out that he had been babied ever since he moved in with the Avengers. Peter just shrugged and said he missed the attention. Whereas Alex hated it. She constantly asked Peter how he had dealt with it all the time, but he just said that he got used to it. They also would talk about their latest missions, which wasn't all that many. Unfortunately, Alex was still awaiting their first big mission with the Avengers. Peter had told her all about Germany. About how he had stolen Steve's shield (he never seemed to shut up about that) and he showed her his vlog he had filmed. Wanda, on the other hand, had told her about her many missions. Spying on HYDRA agents, taking on Loki, stopping hysts. Alex was in awe of their adventures and couldn't wait for her first one, but couldn't help but dread it. So she prepared herself in the only way she knew how to; she trained.

Natasha's Pov

Natahsa sat in the conference room trying to pay attention to the briefing on their next mission. They were going to a recently abandoned HYDRA base, to search for clues to what they might have been working on. Fury was giving them the basic rundown on what SHIELD suspected had been happening in the base. Nat could tell that no one was really listening though. It was always the same with HYDRA base break in's; Sneak in, Find the labs, Analyse the labs, check for any prisoners left behind, then get out of there. As Nat analyzed the white wall behind Fury, she was interrupted by Thor bursting into the room.

"Hello everyone, I am back from Asgard with Loki. The Asgardian council has decided that Loki will be doing reform with us and he will become a temporary member of the Avengers," Thor said happily.

"No," Tony said, standing up in anger. "There is no way in hell that he is joining the team at all! He nearly destroyed New York. He tried to kill all of us. Thor, how can you be so forgiving. I can't and I won't let him join the team!"

"Well unfortunately, I agree with Tony, I don't want him around Alex. I don't want him to influence my daughter." Natasha said, annoyed. She hated to agree with Tony, but for once he was right. Loki could not be trusted. Despite knowing Alex wouldn't fall for Loki's tricks, she knew Loki was tricky. He had his ways. Natasha could see the hurt in Thor's eyes and couldn't help hoping for Thor's sake that he had changed.

"I'm sorry Tony but Loki will be a temporary part of the team, I said no to the Asgardian council once; it didn't end well. You will have to deal with it. Loki, as for you, you had better behave yourself, no mischief." Fury growled.

"Why Fury, how am I to behave myself when I am the god of mischief?" Loki said with a smirk.

"I swear Loki, I will throw you out the window!"

"Enough Tony, He will be going on the mission tomorrow with all of you as well as Peter and Alex. You are all dismissed. Thor, you and Loki will share your room," and with that Fury walked out of the conference room, black cape flowing behind him. Thor then dragged Loki out of the room, smiling happily to himself.