Chapter 3- Elementia Revelled

Alex's Pov

Alex had been living with the Avengers for a while now. She, Wanda and Peter had become close. Wanda had taught her all the tricks to mind reading and she and Peter would spend hours training with each other. Sometimes on weekends, the three would sneak off to the training room, activate the 'keep quiet' protocol and Alex would train with her powers. She was pretty good at sparring, but combined with her powers she was unstoppable. Occasionally she and Peter would go on patrol. She would tell her mom that she was going to a movie with Wanda but instead go out patrolling with Peter. The rest of the Avengers were always complaining about the trio's constant pranks and annoyingly loud laughter, but Alex knew they didn't mind; they were only teasing.

Best of all Alex hadn't had a panic attack in a while. She still worried every now and again, but having genuine friends helped her confidence. She joined Peter, Ned and a quiet girl called MJ at lunch. Everything was going perfectly until Fury called a meeting with the Avengers.

Wanda's Pov

"You should all know why you're here, we are here to find out Elementia's identity. Somehow Peter has teamed up with her and they can be seen patrolling Queens every once in a while. Here's what we know so far; she is good with combat, she can maneuver fire and water and make both appear in her hands. She can fly, move things with the air. We also suspect she can read and control minds. Miss Maximoff I think this is a mission for you as you both have a similar skill set." After a dismissive nod from Furry, Wanda ran to Alex's room, telling her everything. From the look on Alex's face Wanda could tell she was worried. Whenever she brought up the topic of telling her mom about her powers, Alex always tensed up. Wanda learned to avoid the topic all together: Alex had the right to her privacy.

"What are we going to do Wanda? I can't let them find out about my powers or Elementia. That kind of destroys the point of a secret identity!" Alex said, beginning to hyperventilate.

"Maybe it wouldn't be that bad. I mean Tony found out about Peter being spiderman. It did mean there were a few rules Peter had to follow, but Tony and everyone else was really cool with it."

"Wanda, it's not the same. I was born with these powers. I never told my mom that I had them. Telling her now would be like saying, 'hey I've been lying to you for two years!' I don't want to betray her trust. When Tony found out about Peter, Peter didn't know Tony that well, but everyone knows me. What am I going to do Wanda?" Alex said flopping down onto her bed. Wanda smiled sadly and moved over to Alex, pulling her into a hug. The young girl snuggled into the older ones warm embrace. Wanda started to run her hands through Alex's hair. As Alex's breath started to rapian even more Wanda pulled her glossy eyed face into her hands, forcing Alex to look at her. "Hey, it'll be alright, you're a smart girl Alex, you're going to come up with a plan. Peter and I are going to help you, and if they do end up finding out, so-what we will make it work, ok?" Seeing Alex's slight nod, she let go of her face. Still seeing the distressed look on Alex's face she quietly asked if she needed a moment to herself. From the look on Alex's face she knew she did, so she stood up and walked to the door. "I'll be in my room if you need me, ok" she said with a smile before gently closing the door.

Alex's Pov

As soon as Wanda had left the room, Alex activated the 'keep quiet' protocol, and Alex crawled into a corner, making herself as small as possible, hoping that maybe she would just disappear. So many emotions that had been pushed down arose. She tried to take calming breaths but her breaths continued to be short and sharp. This was bad. It wasn't that Alex didn't want people to know, she would love to show the Avengers what she could do and she would love to go on missions with them like Peter, it was that Alex didn't want anyone to abandon her again, she was afraid the Avengers and her mom would feel betrayed that she didn't tell them. Not everyone is as accepting as what Wanda and Peter were. Alex breathed out a shaky breath after shaky breath till finally she had calmed down enough to get up and go get a glass of water. She deactivated the 'keep quiet' protocol and stumbled down to the kitchen; head pounding, breath heavy.