Chapter 3 - Build up

Jack's P.O.V.:

All day I couldn't get her out of my head. I couldn't stop thinking of her. Of her eyes, magnified behind her glasses, beautiful electric blue and the way they shone. Of her creamy white coloured hair, the way it fell in a wavy cloud around her shoulders. Of her sweet smile, the way it lit up her face. Consiquently, I didn't really concentrate on what my teachers had to say. Hiccup had to kick me whenever a teacher came near so I could look like was concentrating on the very "interesting" New Year speech they were giving us. All day I just wanted to go and talk to Elsa, but I couldn't find her in the corridors when we were moving to the next lesson. Then I saw her. At lunch sitting at a table with another girl. She had red hair in two plaits over her shoulders, one had a white streak in it. She was wearing a green v-neck t-shirt and dark blue jeans. I turned to Hiccup, and said, "I'm gonna do it." He frowned at me. "Do what?" I rolled my eyes and nodded my head towards the girls. "Talk to Elsa!" I said. "Oh! Right," He rubbed the hair on the back of his neck, he adjusted his glasses and said,"Yeah man, go for it." I was just about to go over there when he grabbed my arm, "Dude, you even know what you're going to say?" "Ah."  He raised his eyebrows and pulled me back. He was about to say something when Merida Dunbroch, Hiccup's girlfriend, and Rapunzel Corona came up behind Hiccup. Merida pecked his cheek and I felt a twinge of jelousy. I didn't know why, I didn't even like Merida that way, I just felt it. Rapunzel must have seen this as her big green eyes filled with concern. Hiccup looked at the smiling Merida who was hanging off his neck and shoulder, her frizzy red hair bounced behind her like a wall of flame. "You know, Merida," Hiccup said, "I was just about to help Jack over here to talk to that girl with the white hair over there." Merida raised her eyebrows, "Really?" She asked, her  Scottish accent quite strong. She turned to me and said, "Well, I hope you didn't listen to him." "Hey!" Hiccup protested. Merida rolled her eyes and continued,"Ya' know, the best thing to do is to just get over there, and say hi. Just talk about things like music and ask how her day is going. Things should spark from that." She smiled and made a shooing jesture with her free hand. Hiccup released my arm and gave me a two fingered salute. Rapunzel smiled and shifted on her feet. I nodded at them, turned and went to talk to the girl who had both made and ruined my day.