Chapter Five: The Battle

The strong cat growled in fury, was Snowfur going to live? The she cat then thought quick, and shook off the unknown cat. She spat with anger... " Who are you?" "I am Scourge, the most evil cat in the forest! Some say that Firestar killed me, but I was sent to a spiritual world. Where I could watch over the cats... and plot my revenge!" Scourge replied grimly.
"But, I.. how could you ev-" Snowfur was cut of by a loud yowl in the distance. It was a whole Clan.. bigger than one Clan alone. The strange cats arose from over the horizon, bringing terror to her eyes...
Snowfur started to run, run as fast as she could to camp, to warn her father, her sister.... her Clan. Snowfur had finally reached the gorse tunnel when she realized, the mysterious Clan was coming to her! Snowfur rushed into the tunnel, tears flying from her eyes as she ran.. the Clan was settled down in the mid-day light, sharing tongues. Snowfur was a mess! Her whiskers were frazzled, fur fluffed and bristling. But worst of all, she had scars, deep ones. One was a tear in her right ear, and she had claw marks on her back, and she wouldn't forget the fang scars on her neck.
The Clan gasped at her terrible condition! Shadow raced to her side without thinking, he brought some cobwebs. Snowfur fell over onto her side, breathing heavily. Shadow carried her to his den by her scruff, carful not to touch her scars. Suddenly, the unknown Clan bursted through the tunnel, yowling and spitting. Snowfur wanted to battle... but she wasn't well enough.. Shadow, Icetail, and Darkfury gathered around her. Icetail said some words Snowfur could not hear... then it faded to black.