Chapter 12: The Kits

" I am so excited to become a queen! What about you?" Icetail mewed as she entered the nursery. Snowfur nodded in agreement. " What will you name your kits Icetail?" She asked thoughtfully. " Well, since I know that I'm having four kits... Their names will be Mistykit, Mintkit, Nightkit, and Heatherkit. What will be your kit's names?" Icetail asked. Snowfur though deeply. " Hmm... I am not sure." Snowfur replied happily. A tan she cat with black stripes and blue eyes passed as they entered the bramble nursery. She pushed between them eagerly. "Sunstar!" She gasped once she reached the clearing. Sunstar turned his head from talking to Shadow. "Yes? Is something wrong?" He asked. "I'm ready to be a warrior again.." she mewed. But before Snowfur could listen to what they were saying, her attention was turned to the nursery. She padded into the bramble nest. It was warm inside, and their was moss bedding already set out for her and Icetail by the apprentices. One apprentice was still there, gathering the old bedding. He purred as he saw the queens enter. "Good morning!" He meowed. Snow fur recognized the young cat, his name was Stormpaw. The cat gathered the bedding and left the nursery. Snowfur curled up thankfully.

Later that night, a gust of wind blew into Snowfur's face. She awoke and stared at the blizzard outside. Snowfur purred and looked at her sister, sleeping calmly. "The blizzard has just begun."

_____________
To be continued...