Chapter 40

Third Person's POV

"A-astrid?"

It was silent for a short while, until the other line spoke,

"No, it's Rapunzel..."

Elsa opened her mouth but ended up closing it again since she didn't know what to respond. It went like this for a couple of seconds, until the other line spoke again.

"Of course it's Astrid, dummy! Did you really just fall for that?"

Elsa could hear the familiar laughs through the phone in her ear and that's when she really confirmed that the girl she's talking to in her phone was, in fact, the Astrid Hofferson she always wondered about.

Through all the frustration, confusion, and surprise she felt at once, she decided to close her eyes and breathe, trying to contain herself.

Breathe in, breathe out. Breathe in, breathe out.

"Hey,  Elsa? Hello? Why are you staying silen-"

"ARE YOU KIDDING ME??!" Elsa, who has been trying to stay composed, completely failed as she yelled her lungs out inside the cafe and stood up, slamming her fists on the table.

This gesture, of course, caught the attention of the other customers inside that cafe. Jack, who was walking his way back to the table, jumped in surprised and nearly spilled the coffee he was holding.

"YOU STAY SILENT FOR TWO YEARS, AND NOW YOU CALL ME AS IF IT WAS JUST NOTHING? WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN DOING? HOW ARE YOU? HOW ARE YOU... H-HOW.... WHY??" Elsa continued to ask her questions non-stop with her voice loud enough that everybody could hear.

Customers and workers started to give her weird and annoyed stares that Jack had to apologize to them himself, since Elsa was now caught up in her own world. Jack grabbed Elsa's bag on the chair and guided her outside the cafe. As they both went outside, he just smiled and shook his head while looking at her, thinking, "Elsa can get really unpredictable sometimes. It's cute."

"Why did you just call now? Why haven't you been contacting me? Why-"

"Woah, calm down, woman! I can't possibly answer all those questions at once! Now, why don't we ask just one question at a time, shall we?" Elsa was cut off by Astrid from the other line.

Elsa breathed and said, "No... You don't have to answer everything. You just need to answer one question and that's it."

"Alright, what is it?" Astrid chuckled.

"Where are you?" Elsa asked, waiting for an answer. After a few seconds, Astrid finally responded,

"San Fransokyo."

Elsa closed her eyes and smiled. "Okay. Then I'll see you tomorrow."

She hung up and placed the phone in her pocket, with a determined smile on her face.

Seeing this, Jack scrunched his eyebrows while handing her one of the 2 cups of coffee in his hands.

"W-what's with that smile? You're creeping me out. Who are you supposed to meet tomorrow?"

"Oh? You're here already?" Elsa noticed as she gladly received the coffee. "Wait, how did we end up outside?"

Jack looked at her in disbelief. She was not paying attention to her surroundings at all. He started to imagine what things might be like if the same thing happened to her when she's alone. A murderer could lead her to his hiding place and she would just follow so easily! Jack's face darkened at the thought.