Rich = Happy. Right?

I walk into my apartment and I'm immediately 'welcomed' with the usual disappointing looks from my mother and father. "Good evening," I say as I head to the table to start on my homework. "Good evening Ruby. Wanna explain why we got calls from the police about you." My mother says with her usual nasty attitude. "They just wanted to talk to me about James. He's in the hospital transitioning into an eternal. They just wanted to know how he died so they could find the killers." I respond while I start on my homework. As I start my father finally says something. "And what did you tell them?" He asks with a leading voice for me to explain. "Honestly. He needed a ride to a party so I took him. He asked me to stop by a gas station so I did. He went in a then the next thing I know I hear gunshots and James telling me to drive. So I did. Once I thought that we were far enough away to stop I did. When I did he threw up on a wall after he finished I checked him for wounds and he pushed me off before I found the wound that killed him. I went to call the police but he said no. So I didn't call the police instead I started pacing trying to calm down. Then, I went to talk to him again he was in pain. I went to him and looked him over again. That's when I saw the wound. Then, he died in my arms. I heard someone coming and so I took him to a hospital hoping they could help him. After that, I came back home at about 3 am and went to sleep hoping to hear something today. And I did." To be completely honest, that's exactly what I told the police when they questioned me. Even though the last part isn't true. But Rose knew that part. Both of them gave the same 'what the fuck' look. With that being said I work on my homework. They start leaving me to my business though they don't keep their conversation of disappointment about me at all quiet. I do my bests to ignore them but as stubborn as they are they do all they can to get under my skin. They succeed every time. With me being a fast worker, on anything, I finish within an hour and then head off to bed. The time may only be about 9 pm but I'm exhausted nonetheless. I lock my door and climb into bed, not even bothering to change or take a shower. 

 I wake up and start my day much the same. Shower, get dressed, makeup, grab school supplies, apple, keys, and head out the door. I left about an hour earlier than usual because I wanted to do some research on Mephistopheles. I head to the library to start my research. The more and more I research the more questions I have, but from what I have gathered. Mephisto is an archdemon, a powerful demon lord. But not much is told about his power or who he is in a sense of anything explainable. 30 minutes go by and I'm left frustrated. I log out of the computer and leave the library. Why can't I find anything on this guy? I swear I read that name correctly. I think on my way to the cafeteria to eat my usual apple for breakfast. It is only 6 am now so no one is around. Dropping my head onto the table I take a seat as I start thinking more and more about the other night with James. He noticed the temperature change before Mephisto arrived. Was he also there right before the gunshots? And if he was, why didn't he help James when he had a chance to? Did he know that that was going to happen to James? What exactly does that mean for me now that he wants me to work for him? What is a Fire Rider exactly? And how does Mephisto fit into all of this? To be frank, I already know about the Ghost Rider. When he was in New York, and even here in Boston, I know all about him. Except how he came to be, his true identity, or his partners. The Ghost Rider has been around for a few years. His two partners, Angel Rider and Mustang, aren't as active, or as popular, as he is. But the Eternals are more popular than all three of them combined. Ghost Rider is my all-time favorite hero. No one has ever been able to change my mind on that. The air suddenly feels cold again and I begin to see my breath. I look up to see him again, Mephisto. He sits across from me with his usual smile plastered on his face. "My, My. So many questions, So few answers. Whatever shall we do?" He says in his usual cheerful voice. His appearance doesn't look like it changed much, if at all. "Well, you can't expect me to be noncurious. Besides you never really gave me any answers to at least explain something," I respond doing my best not to shake in my voice or my body as it is cold. "Well to answer some of your questions, I will give you some books for you to study. And if you have any more questions after you read them I will happily answer them. Or if you need more books I will supply you with more."