Chapter 3

The next morning I woke up and cooked breakfast. I felt way better then I did. As I was cooking Melvin came in behind me and grabbed my waste. He gave me a long tongue kiss. "I meant to ask if my sister Rhekel can spend a couple nights over?" I asked. "Yea I really don't care. What you doing today besides the shop?" Melvin asked me. "I don't have anything planned, why what's up." I said. "I was just asking. Kameron and I are going to look for these dudes who tried to rob you so I need you to come to the trap house later on." Melvin said. "Rhekel is going to be with me." I said. "She straight, I'll let them know as soon as I go in. Ain't nobody gone touch her." Melvin said. I fixed Melvin plate and got ready to leave. After Melvin ate we both left the house at the same time. "Aye, I'm about to head to Arkansas I might not be back before you get off, but just wait on me at the trap house." Melvin said as he walked me to my car and opened my car door. "Okay love you." I said. "Love you too." Melvin said. I went to the shop while Melvin took care of his business. I had to leave early to go pick up my younger sister Rhekel. Rhekel is 17 and she wanted to spend a couple days away from our parents. Rhekel and I went to IHOP to catch up. "How is school going?" I asked. "Its good. My GPA is a 3.5, and I haven't missed a day yet." Rhekel said. "That's good. Do you smoke or take peals?" I asked. "Somewhat, but I don't let that interfere with my school. So are you and Melvin married or what?" Rhekel asked. "Not yet. Were just dating right now. I'm kinda ready for him to put a ring on me." I said. "Yawl been dating since I was in the sixth grade. What does he do for living anyway?" Rhekel asked. "He sells drugs, and produces music from time to time." I said. "I thought you didn't like drug dealers." Rhekel said. "I don't but it's just something about Melvin." I said. After IHOP Rhekel and I headed back to my shop. We stayed until seven and that's when I headed to Melvin and his guys trap house. I parked where I always parked. Maceo and his friend Thug were outside on the porch. "Is Melvin here?" I asked. "Yea. He just made it." Maceo said. Rhekel and I walked in. "Who is that with you." A man said. "She cool, that's her sister." Kameron said. "What's up Vanda, Melvin in the kitchen." Another dude said. "Why is it more guns than people in here?" Rhekel asked. "I don't know." I said as we walked to the kitchen. Melvin was sitting at the table putting weed into plastic bags. "What's up baby. What's up Rhekel." Melvin said. "That's a lot of weed in one bag." Rhekel said. "Its two grams. See I sack them up like this so I can pluck people. Really I do this so I can up the strap on somebody and take their money." Melvin said. "Really, you sound like Desean." Rhekel said. "I made Desean. Anyways I need you to tell us where Shanell stay." Melvin said. "Who you talking to?" Rhekel asked. "Vanda." Melvin said. "Why." I said. "Because we about to take her husband out." Melvin said. I hated situations like this because I never felt like a person should die over bullshit, and this was bullshit. "Why, what did he do?" I asked. "He almost killed my nephew. Look are you going to tell me or not?" Melvin asked. I really thought about it. "No." I said. "That's cool with me. Rhekel you straight anybody bothering you?" Melvin asked. "Aye Melvin, get the straps lets roll. GET UP NIGGA!" Maceo came in yelling loud. "What's up." Melvin said. "Eboine. Somebody just shot up her car she at the hospital. MANE LETS GO!" Maceo was yelling. "Fuck." Melvin said. We all rushed out of the house and headed to the hospital. Ebonie has been my friend since the 5th grade. I was in tears in the waiting room sitting in Melvin's lap next to Kameron and Vanna. "Aye everything okay. I'm staying the night up here." Maceo said. "Can we go see her now?" I asked. "Yea." Maceo said. Vanna, Rhekel and I went to go see Eboine while Melvin and the guys talked in the waiting room. "You okay girl?" I asked when I walked inside the room. "Yea I'm fine. The gun shot went threw my arm. I'm just happy I made it out." Eboine said. "What happen?" Vanna asked. "Some dudes shot my car up and as I was running I got shot. I honestly can't remember everything that happen because it was moving fast." Eboine said. "This is why I can't have a thug as my husband." Rhekel said. "I understand where you are coming from but I love Maceo." Eboine said. For nearly two hours I chilled and stayed at the hospital with Eboine. When I finally left, Rhekel and I went home. Melvin was at the kitchen table smoking a blunt. I was worried for the first time about Melvin and him getting high. I saw a lot of peals on the table alone with weed. "Baby how many bars did you take?" I asked. "I took two or three. Baby did you know your thick as fuck." Melvin said. I knew Melvin was high as hell. "Come get in the bath with me." I said. "To be honest I don't feel like getting up. You can wash up in here." Melvin said. Melvin kept smoking his blunt while talking to me. In the outside I didn't care but on the inside I was worried. If something ever happened to Melvin I would go loco. "You are to high, like seriously." I said. "I'm just stressing." Melvin said. "So are you coming to get in the bath with me or not?" I asked. "You take bubble baths don't you?" Melvin asked. "Of course." I said. Rhekel came in the kitchen. "Sis do you have any wheat bread?" Rhekel asked. "No, I gotta go to the store and get some. You can use my car and go get it." I said. "You want the rest of this blunt Rhekel, its stupid loud?" Melvin asked Rhekel. "Yea." Rhekel said. I threw my keys at Rhekel and went to my bathroom and ran my bath water. I was in my bathroom mirror looking and I saw Melvin come in slowly and drowsy. His eyes were low and very red. He got behind me and started kissing me on my neck. "Its time we have a baby." Melvin said slowly into my ear. "Why." I said. "I'm twenty four and I'm not trying to be an old dad. Plus I wanna have my own family." Melvin said. He let go of me and turned me around. "I don't know Melvin." I said. Melvin dropped to one knee and went into his pocket. "Will you marry me Vanda?" He asked.

Comment, like, vote chapter 4 coming soon. Kik me for ideas and how it was @rod2times follow me on ig @rodney901.