Chapter 3

Hamesha Wala Pyar – Chapter 3

“Gunni” she was bubbling with excitement at the thought of earning. Her first ever job.

“hayye  marjaaniye, maine kapde dekh kya pehne hai” Shehnaaz whined as she looked at her appearance in the bathroom mirror. Shehnaaz was wearing a crisp beige chicken kurta and a white patiyala.

“tch tch.. chup kar ja.. tere baal kharaab ho jayenge” Gunni chided her while she was trying to tame Shehnaaz’s silky burgundy tresses.

“Mujhe nahi lagta unko farak padega but tu bol de na ki aapne ek ghante mein bula liya, mere paas time hi nahi bacha change karne ka” Gunni explained.

“Hayye Gunni, meko dhak dhak ho raha hai bohot. Theek ho jayee bass sab. Babaji mehr karo” she uttered a silent prayer in nervousness.

Gunni turned her around to face her and kissed her forehead. “Mera sohna putt hai tu, zaroor ho jaayega tera kaam. Tension ni leni” She said and hugged Shehnaaz.

Gunkirat was her first cousin from her paternal side but they were more like besties and Shehnaaz always found a saviour in Gunni whenever she was In trouble. This time too, she had proved to be one.

“Oye kitheee???” she smacked Shehnaaz’s head slightly pulling her out of her thoughts.

“jaa chheti, nahi der ho jaygegi. Aur phone kar waha ponch ke bhi aur jab nikelgi tab bhi” Gunni hugged her once again as Shehnaaz hurriedly took an auto.

Shehnaaz kept gazing at the tall building in front of her as she got out of the auto. It screamed luxury. The name Sea Breeze was written in bold on the main gate.

She left her details at the security and showed the chit to the security guard. “Uncle ji, Satsriakal, yeh kaunse floor pe jana hai?” She asked innocently, her eyes again scaped up taking in the sheer enormity of the apartment.

“Madam, yeh sabse top floor hai, PH matlab penthouse” he smiled kindly showing off two of his broken teeth.

“Arre uncleji madam kya hota hai? main toh kitni chhoti hu aapse, beta keh do” she said nonchalantly astonishing the middle aged security guard.

It was rare for anyone in this vicinity to be speaking to a menial guard like him so sweetly.

This was her first job interview ever. To say that she was nervous would be an understatement. She was a bundle of nerves, and the fact that she felt under dressed for an interview made her confidence drop down further.

“Chal koi na kamliye, jo hoga dekha jayega. Tu apne confidence se impress dar dena sabko waha pe” she pepped herself up as she took the elevator and swallowed a huge lump in her throat as she pressed PH.

Sidharth had just showered and dressed, awaiting the candidate Gunkirat was sending. After scheduling the interview, he was in half a mind to call up again and cancel it. He didn’t want another Aarti in his life. But it was too late now and the Security had already informed him about her arrival on the intercom.

He heard the door bell chime and immediately went and got the door and froze in his spot. He could swear on his dear life that he visualized his mother standing in front of him.

For as long as he remembered, he had seen his mom in Salwar Kameezes of pastel shades.

She wore Sarees once in a while but mostly she stuck to suits. She hated extreme bright colors. Poker straight hair, Skin always glowing without any makeup and modestly tall. He always felt nothing but peace when he looked at her face.

This girl standing in front of him felt like a shadow of his mother. Only she looked like an adolescent. He kept staring at her dumbfounded as she waved a hand in front of his eyes.

Hamesha Wala Pyaar (Completed)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें