Chapter 22

Hamesha Wala Pyaar  - Chapter 22

The villagers had organized a scrumptious spread of local delicacies for them.

It was like Pot Luck Dinner.

Every house had contributed to the meal.

Shehnaaz was stoked beyond words.

Her small idea had brought so much happiness to the villagers.

Sidharth saw she was smiling and swiping her happy tears away looking at the content faces of the villagers.

He went upto her and held her hand tight. “I am so proud of you baby” he cooed and kissed the side of her head.

An elderly lady walked upto them and and with her shivering hands she gestured them both to bend down. They did.

She placed her hand on both their heads and uttered in Marathi “dev karo tumchi jodi ashich raho nehmi. Sada sukhi raha” (May god always keep you together forever. Stay blessed).

Sidharth being born and brought up in a cosmopolitan city like Mumbai, obviously understood what she said and couldn’t help but blush.

Shehnaaz looked at him with furrowed brows as he stuck his tongue out, in between a grin.

It felt like being a part of one big family. Sidharth looked around at the happy faces. He was starting to relax a bit even in the presence of this crowd of over a 100 people atleast.

Her magic was working.

After the dinner they bid their good byes and walked back home.

Shehnaaz was hugging his arm as she doubled over in joy recollecting moments from the evening.

“Sidharth tujhe accha laga waha jaake? She asked trying to gauge his reaction.

She had seen him lighten up but still wanted to hear it from him as a reassurance.

“Haan, achha laga mujhe, tune sahi kaha tha, maine apne aap ko bohot hold back kiya mere inhibitions ke wajah se” he remarked as they reached the gate of Ashok Villa.

As they entered in he stood facing her and held onto her shoulders “Thank you darling. Thank you for everything.”

He looked deep into her eyes, as if trying to communicate with the pure soul peeking out of her orbs.

She didn’t know how to respond to his words, his penetrating gaze. But she couldn’t even move her eyes away. It was like he was holding her vision.

His face looked replete with content.

Suddenly they both felt some movement as the babies came on to her, yapping and jumping over her with joy. She scrunched her face as she scooped them in her arms and they started licking her face, while he just stood at her side looking at the dogs pouring out their love on her.

Sidharth looked fondly at the house, just like he did on their first day here.

But this time it was as if he was introducing her to him.

“That’s my girl, baba”

After a lot of cuddle time she finally sent them back to the kennel and returned to where he was sitting.

The steps on the porch.

She wanted to settle between his legs like always but frowned on seeing a cigarette in his hand.

She huffed inside and brought out an ashtray gesturing him to stub it down.

He did, obviously as she settled between his legs on a lower step.

Hamesha Wala Pyaar (Completed)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें