Audriana

Chapter 4

      I set my luch tray down at the usual table. I sit down and look around making sure my friends are coming to sit down too. I've always hated eating alone. My friends sit down and we start eating our lunch.

     After taking a few bites of my food, the cafeteria gets really loud. We all turn our heads to the set of double doors. There stood the most popular guy in school, Drake. He was captain of the football team, quarderback, and player. I swear everytime he walks into the room, everyone starts freaking out and all the girls try to put on a "sexy" face, getting ready to flirt with him.

    "Audriana! I have a question for you!"

 I turn around in my seat to see Drake walking in my direction. I quickly turn back around and hide my face behind my hair, keeping my head down.

    "Audriana, can I talk to you for a second?", Drake asked.

 I slowly lift my head meeting his eyes, and very shyly nod my head. I stand up and follow him into the hallway just outside the double doors. Drake pulls them closed, but I could still hear the faint sound of students talking. 

     Drake suddenly stops and looks into my eyes. "Audriana, I think you are the most gorgeous girl I have ever seen. I was wondering if you would give me the honor of being my date to the prom."

I stand there totally shocked. I was not expecting that to come out of his mouth. Drake is asking me to prom. He asked me! I suddenly became out of breath. 

"Audriana? You ok?"

I look up into Drake's eyes and nod my head. "I'm fine! Sure I'll go with you to prom!," I say with a smile, which Drake returns. 

____________________________________________________________

I return to the lunch table with a big smile on my face. 

"Ok spill!," my friend Lacey says. I tell them eveything that happened. All my friends smile except for Ryan. He looks down at his tray, a frown on his face.

"Ryan, you ok?," I ask. 

"Yeah I'm fine."

Ryan gets up from the table and grabs his tray. He turns to me and says, "Your making a big mistake Audry."

Ryan walks away leaving me wondering what he meant. 

_____________________________________________________________

After my last class ends, I head to my locker. Taped to my locker is a note. I take it off and read it. 

Audriana,

Meet me at my car right after school :) XOXO Drake

I quickly grab my stuff and make my way to the exit doors. I get to where Drake always parks his car, there I see Drake holding a familiar blondes hand and leans in to kiss her. I clear my throat and they freeze. Drake looks up at me and meets my eyes, clearly surprised. Then the blonde turns and is no other than Lacey. 

Lacey smiles innocently at me as Drake tries to get out of her grip. I feel the tears gather in my eyes. I quickly wipe them before they could fall. Drake is not worth my tears. 

I turn around and begin to walk to my car, ignoring the pleas from Drake to stay and let him explain. 

 I reach my car and see Ryan leaning against the drivers side door. He smiles sadly at me, and steps up to me to give me a hug. 

"I'm sorry but I had to get you to realize what mistake you made." I look at him confused. He sighs and continues. "I wrote that note because I knew what Lacey and Drake were doing. They hooked up about a week ago. Lacey pretended to be your friend so that way she could get Drake. She knew he likied you, but got his attention. She realized that because she had him, she didn't need you anymore. So together they planned on having him ask you to prom but then he would ditch you for Lacey at the last minute. That way you wouldn't have a date.i wrote the note so you could find out so you could find another date."

I stared back at him in shock. Ryan had just saved me from huge embarrasment and heartache. 

"Thank you Ryan. How can I repay you?"

Ryan smiled," I've wanted to ask you for a long time now. I really like you. Always have. So will you make me the happiest guy in the world and go to prom with me?"

I stared into his eyes a smile stretching across my face. So I answered with one word.

"Yes."

Tip #4: Don't just go for a guy because he's popular. Go for someone who has standards for you. You never know who that person is going to be. He could be someone you already know and who is close to you.