Melody

Chapter 2

      "MELODY!!!" I turn around when i heard my name being called. Shannon is running down the hallway with a stack of papers in her hands. People move out of the way before she can run into them. She shoves a making out couple out of the way so she can get by. She runs pass the couple and they give her a death glare then go back into their interupted lip lock.

     "Melody, guess what?", she says as she stops right in front of me, papers flying everywhere.

"Uh, what?", I ask, while looking at her like she's insaine.

"My cousin ran into this really cute guy, but she said that he wasn't her type. She said he seemed like your type. She was wondering if she could give him your number and you guys could hook up."

 "Um... sure?", I say. Might as well. I do need a date for the dance that's coming up in about 3 weeks.

     She smiles and takes out her phone. She begins a conversation with someone, and I become bored and block her out.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

After school I felt my phone vibrate. I pulled it out out of my pocket and realized I had a text.  I unlocked my phone and realized the message was from an unknown number. I opened it and read the text.

    Hey! My name is Bryce umm Shannon's cousin Ashlee gave me your number. Um I was wondering if you wanted to know if you wanted to go to the dance with me?? :)

   I thought about it before sending back my reply.

    Hi Bryce! My name is Melody :) Sure I'll go to the dance with you XD

I had a date for the dance! SCORE!

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

 3 weeks later...

   I finished getting ready and looked in the mirror. I did any last minute touch ups and went to put my heels on. 

   Bryce and I have talked for the last 3 weeks and he had asked me about some of the situations ai had in the past with some people, and he said that if anyone tried to hurt me he would protect me. 

    Tonight would be the night I actually get to meet Bryce! I finish putting my heels on and grab my keys from my dresser and head out the door. I go to my car and climb in. I begin to back out of the driveway and then I drive to the school.

I get to the school 5 minutes later and I go to the spot Bryce said he would meet me at. 

"Melody?", I hear a male voice say. I turn around and see a very handsom guy standing about 5 feet from me. He has brown hair and green eyes and is tall. 

"Yea I'm Melody. I'm assuming your Bryce?", I say my voice shaking a little bit. 

   "Yup, I'm Bryce", he says. He smiles and extends his arm. I link my arm through his and we head inside to the dance floor where people have already began to dance. He looks at me and smiles and I return the smile. We both begin to dance to the music. This was going to be great!

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

    The dance was almost over and some people began to leave. Bryce led me out behind the school and to the garden. He turned to me and smirked. I gave him a questioning look. He pushed me against the wall that was behiind me. His lips crashed onto mine. I kissed him back and he began to run his handa all over my body. I tried to pull away from the kiss, but he wouldn't let me. 

    I began to push him with my hands and i began to punch his chest trying to get him to let me go. All of a sudden I felt a hand sliding up my leg and go under my dress. i slapped his hand away but he put it back in under my dress. I did the only thing I knew I could do to get him to let go of me. I lifted myhad knee and brought it to his groin. He instantly let go of me and gripped himself. To make sure he wouldn't follow me when i tried to run I brought my fist to his face, turned on my heel and took off running. 

I ran to my car and looked at myself in the rear-view mirror a horror struck girl looked back at me. She had make up running down her face along with the tears that flowed down her face.

   I took out my phone and began to type in Shannon's number. That was the worst night of my life. I thought Shsnnon's cousin said that he was a good person and treated a girl right. Boy she was wrong. Well obviously she didn't know him well enough and either did I.

Tip #2: Make sure you know the person well enough before going out with them. They aren't always who they seem to be.