Tiffany

I can't believe it! He actually gave me a hug! Colby just smiled at me in the hallway and gave me a hug. I. Am. Going. To. Die.

   The popular, athletic, muscular, god, whom every girl in the school has the hots for, chose me! Ever since he and Bethany broke up, he has seemed happier. More focused on things, not hiding behind a curtain on stage, but stepping out into the spotlight.

     I grab my bag out of my locker and notice Debbie coming my way.

"Hey girl! you ready?", I ask.

  "You know it!"

 Debbie and I have been friends since we were little. No matter what you threw at us, we wouldn't split for nothing. Every Friday, before the football game, we would always go to my Aunts house to get ready. Aunt Cindy was a make-up artist along with a briliant mind full of hair styles.

  "Who do you think is gonna start the game tonight?", I ask Debbie.

  "I think Colby, Brandon, Clayton, and maybe Brant. Depends on if he made coach happy at practice!", she says.

  We both giggle about the thought. Brant hasn't really been committed to playing. He skips practices to go hang out with his new girlfriend, or Colby's ex, Bethany. Colby's face was bright red when he found out what Bethany had done to him. Poor Colby...

   He and Brant used to be best friends, until that happened. Now they won't even speak to each other. Its sad and completely humiliating when that happens.

"Alright! Your finished girls! Have fun at the game and give your brother a good luck kiss for me Tiffany!", Aunt Cindy said as she started to put her utencils away.

"Will do! Thanks Aunt Cindy!", I said, walking to the door, with Debbie on my tail.

   "Goodbye!"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

   We arrive at the game 10 minutes later and use our passes to get in. The football boys are done warming up and shuffle through the gate to go out to the side walk were they can talk to family and friends before the game begins.

   Debbie sees her parents and leaves to go say hi to them. I then see Colby in his uniform and tight shorts. -Sigh- ... I run up to him and tap on his shoulder. He turns around and smiles down at me the same beautiful smile that he gave me in the hallway.

  "Hey beautiful! What goes on?", he askes me.

I swear that I'm blushing as red as a cherry.

"Nothing much.", I say.

  "Well we only have 2 minutes and I need to get back in there. Can I get some good luck?", he asks.

"Sure", I say giving him a hug.

 "That's not what I ment.", he says as he tilts my face up. He kisses me lightly before breaking apart. "I'll see you after the game babe!"

  "Good luck!", I yell to him, through my tiggly lips.

And there he goes, the angel of the field. I feel a smile come on my lips as I realized that my dream just came true.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

   Woooo hoooo! They won! 38 to 0! I head on over to congradulate Colby, when I see to people in a bundle. I get closer to see who it is, and find Colby kissing Debbie.

   I feel my jaw drop. Why would Debbie do this to me? They break apart and Debbie sees me. She instantly steps away from Colby, and he snickers.

   "Tiff I'm sorry!", Debbie says, as tears form in her eyes.

"Why didn't you tell me?", I ask her

"Well.. I... I couldn't! It would hurt you!", she says.

  "Hurt me? It hasn't hurt me! It's killed me!", I say, tears rolling down my face.

"I'm sorry!", she says.

 Colby clears his throat. "Well I'm sorry ladies but I got to get back to my girlfriend.", he says.

  Debbie and I look at each other with anger on our faces. He played us. Our friendship could have ended just then. I could tell she was as mad as I was.

  Colby starts to walk away, but Debbie and I stop him.

"Oh Colby before you go, I have something for you.", I say with a sweet smile on my face.

"And what would that be?", he asks.

 "This.", I say and jam my knee upwards. He doubles over in pain, and clutches his crotch.

"Oh and this is from me.", Debbie says, and kicks him in the same place.

  Debbie and I smile, and say we are sorry. We give each other a hug and walk out of the stadium with our arms around each other.

  * Tip #1- Never let a guy come between you and your friends. Its chicks before dicks and that's just the way it is. =)