Prologue

~Gotham City Elementary School: June 10th, 2:30 pm~

*RING RING*

"Okay class, make sure you do all of you walk home safely. Have fun in middle school." Ms.Jones yelled over the commotion of the class.

Can't wait to go home and watch anime, I thought.

I put my stuff in my backpack and speed walked to the door. At that time the front gate was empty so I ran the rest of the of the way home.

I reach the front door learning that there is another person in the house. I opened the door.

"I'm home!" I said loudly.

"Ah, Bella. Your home. Meet Dinah or Miss Lance." Ms.Puckett smiled. Miss Lance stood up and walked to me. She stuck her hand out.

"Nice to meet you, Bella." She smiled. Whelmed by her radiant smile, I shook her hand and smiled.

"Nice to meet you too, Miss Lance."

Miss Lance let go and said, "You have a pretty strong grip."

"Thank you," I smiled

"I know who I am going to adopt." She smiled at me, while Ms.Puckett putted two thumbs up. But then the other kids run up to Miss Lance as if on cue and push me aside saying "Freak" "She will never pick you".

"STOP!" Ms.Puckett said loudly. "Who did you want to adopt Miss Lance?" She turned to Miss Lance.

She turn and looked at me. "Bella get ready while I am going to do the papers." She smiled at me, and I walked away with a smile.

Ever since that day, Mom taught me the way of the Canary and the life of a normal girl.