Chapter nineteen

As I let the music swallow my thoughts and bad energy, I look outside the window and continue to stare at the view that passes me by. I'm currently in the bus waiting to be dropped off at school. Nowadays, I'm the first one to be picked up. So I have to get to the bus stop even earlier than before. We patiently wait for the second person to be picked up after me. I unlock my phone and tap the phone icon. I type in her name and tap on the calling option. Bringing the phone to my ear, I wait for her to answer the phone. After a minute or so, the call is accepted.

"Hey Natasha. We are here waiting for you outside the gate. Come out and hurry okay".

"Oh gosh!. Okay I'm coming. Tell the driver to wait a bit longer for me. I'm packing my food", she asks, sounding frantic.

"Okay I will", I respond and hang up the phone. I do as she requested and inform the driver she's gonna take a bit longer. He answers with a grunt and incoherent words, clearly annoyed at the delay. I dont even know why he's annoyed. It's not like we are ever early to reach school anyways. Thanks to his slow and unprofessional driving skills.

A few moments and Natasha opens her gate and closes it behind her. Both her hands are full, so I get up and help her to open and close the bus door.

"Thanks so much Lia. I'm so tired" she says while wiping the sweat that has formed on her forehead.

"No problem." I answer and proceed to listening to my music.

She comes at the front of my seat and sits across me. This indicates that she has something to tell me and I pull down my earphones.

"So, what's up?", I ask, knowing she was gonna tell me even without me asking.

"Well. There's this guy", she pauses. I honestly expected this, but I dont interrupt her. "This guy, well you know him. And we have been friends for the longest of time. But recently, he's been acting strange" she says with a huge smile on her face.

"How strange?" I ask.

"Well, he's been flirting with me actually. Nowadays, he gives little excuses to talk to me face to face at school and even texts me more often."

"That's nice, but what's the problem though?". I continue asking, still confused.

"The problem is the age Lia. His younger than me and I have never imagined myself being involved with a person not older than me" she explains herself.

"Natasha dont thinks about that. His just younger than you by not even four years. Dont stress about it. Plus, that's not what matters. All that matters is what you feel for each other and from the way your telling me, he seems interested in you as well", I advice her. Oh how I wish I could easily advice myself on my own problems. Things would be so much easier.

"Yea I guess your right. But-",

"But nothing", I cut her off. "Stop overthinking it and just take things one step at a time. Trust me on this" I finish.

"Okay your absolutely right. And let me tell you Lia, this guy, has everything I'm looking for. You know this guy very well" she adds, sounding very wierd in the end.

"Well give me clues so I can figure it out", I say.

"Okay. Well, he's good looking, obviously in high school, super tall and his in the basketball team. We have been friends for a very long time by the way" she finishes.

For some reason, my mind went straight to the people that were a year behind Natasha. It couldn't have been her class anyways, because I remembered she once mentioned how she doesn't find most of the guys in her class that attractive.

"Oh and you have met,talked and even gotten close to him. His a year below me by the way. Again, basketball team" she points out again.

She partly said something I had already figured, but who is she close to that's a year below her?. After a few seconds of running brain with possible guys, I come to a standstill.

My gut tells me something that I wasnt prepared for. My mind screams something that I wasnt ready to listen to. My hearts whispers something I wasnt ready to acknowledge.

I instantly go rigid.
Its Diego