negative seven

happy new year's! c:

"ash. ashton, listen to me" i pleaded in a whimper. but ashton only continued to blankly stare straight across the room, where the music was coming from. turning around, i walked towards it and found his phone laying on the dresser with the song "heaven" by beyonce on full volume. as i listened to the soft piano melody, i noticed she continued repeating the same verse over and over again;

'but heaven couln't wait for you. no, heaven couldn't wait for you'

"ashton, please" i shut the song off and hurriedly walked back to my friend. ashton slowly turned his head up to look at me and tilted his head a few degrees to the side. "ash, what are you doing, buddy? why are you doing this to yourself?" 

i quickly, yet carefully, took the sharp blade from his hand (it seemed to be from a pencil sharpener) and threw into the trash bin next to his bed. crawling back to ashton, i picked up his small body bridal style and carried him to his bed, placing him underneath the covers. "ashton, please. if i mean anything to you, say something"

"there's nothing for me to live for..." he slurred sadly. his voice held the sadness i had seen multiple times in his eyes and the latter had tears threatening to spill out, wanting to pour out into his already tear-stained cheeks. without hesitation, i jumped in to bed next to him and cuddled ashton closer to me. that must have broken the barrier, for immediately he began sobbing into my neck. his ragged and uneven breath hit my throat and his cries echoed throughout the otherwise empty house. keeping his cuts in mind, i gently grabbed his wrist and softly pressed the hem of my shirt to his wounds. ashton didn't even wince at the pressure, he musty have already been used to the pain (which made me extremely sad).

"what the hell are you talking about, ashton? what do you mean?'' i questioned. ashton only cried harder into my shirt as his entire body shook.

"all the people i care about are dead. my mum, she died of a heart attack in this same fucking house! do you know how hard it is to walk into this house only to be reminded that your mother is dead?!"

i was honestly not expecting this. i thought his mum was the woman i saw the first time i laid eyes on ashton, at the school office. "y-your mum is dead? then who was the lady i saw you with when you were new here?"

"that-" ashton paused to let out a strangled sob, "-would be my aunt. but she doesn't live with me. i live alone"

"and your dad?"

"he left me when i was two"

we both sat there for about fifteen minutes letting ashton soak my shirt with both his tears and his blood. once his breathing calmed down slightly, i decided to speak again.

"ashton, can you promise me that anytime you feel like cutting yourself, you will immediately call me. i'm giving you my number so do not hesitate to call  or text. even if it is 4am please just ring me"

"okay"

i lifted his head off my chest and cupped his chin to make him look up at me. "no ash. promise me"

"i will, i promise"

but promises are meant to be broken.

+

what's up brochachos?

i lob you guys a lot.

tysm for reading this piece of shit.

i'm listening to last first kiss by one direction and honestly, louis' solo is too much for me

well bai i guess