Chapter 2

(If you would like a better idea of what the apartment is supposed to look like I would recommend watching the video I added, because this is how I see the apartment)

Today is moving day. Now that summer is nearing its end and I have to go back to school soon me and Chloe decided that today would be a good day to move in to our new apartment.

My collage is a 45 minute drive away from my parent's house where I was staying for the summer. The past 2 year I stayed in a dorm room at my college but I decided that a shared shower and a small living space wasn't really my thing. Me and my best friend Chloe have been saving up for a house since high school because we always wanted to live together but it became sooner rather than later. We wanted to move after collage and then buy a house after we were both finished with school, but because we both couldn't stand the dorms we decided to get a small apartment with our saved up money from the past 3 years. The apartment is in a apartment complex a 10 minute drive away from campus. It wasn't big but big enough for 2 people to live in.

The apartment is ideal because it is close to our collage, we have a small mall in the neighbourhood and we aren't to far from our parents house, so we can visit them whenever we want.

The last 2 weeks I have been busy with packing my stuff at my parents house and the remaining stuff I had left at the dorm. There were like 8 full boxes packed in my clothes and shoes. Another box was packed full of hair products, make-up, and perfumes.

I didn't have a lot of furniture of mine in my parents' house that I wanted to take with me to my new apartment. The only 2 thing I took with me was my 2 person box spring bed and a full length mirror. I had already ordered a new bed side table and desk because the ones I had didn't really match with what I had in mind for my room. My parents and Chloe helped putting boxes in the moving truck. The movers brought more of the heavy thing to the van like my bed and my mirror. After we packed everything in the truck from my house that needed to be moved we drove over to Chloe's house so we could put her stuff in moving van too. Me and Chloe got into my car while my parent drove there own car to Chloe's house. Chloe's parents were at work today so they were coming to our new apartment after they were finished with work.

Chloe also took her bed and a few other thing for her room. Chloe had a grey L shaped couch in her room at her parents' house that was pretty big and nice looking that we took with us to the new house for in the living room. Once all her stuff was put into the van, we drove off to the new apartment. The drive there we were singing to the songs from my playlist and talking.

"Can you belief we are moving in together at the age of 20! That is actually insane." Chloe said smiling. When she said that it was actually the first time it really hit me. We are moving in together at 20. 

"I know, I am so happy that it is finally happening!" I say gripping her hand and squalling out of joy. The rest of the ride is us taking about the new apartment and arguing over who gets which room.

...

Fifty minutes later we arrive at the apartment complex. The apartment complex was pretty big looking at it. It was 5 stories high and was build in a square with a swimming pool in the middle.

Once we found a parking spot close to the entrance we got out of the car and started getting boxes out of the moving van and bringing it up to our apartment on the fifth floor. Once we stap out of the lift there is a hallway with all the doors to the different apartments. Our apartment number was 5.13 zo that was all the way at the end of the hallway.

When you walk in to the apartment directly on your right you have the kitchen which is connected to the living room. In the kitchen is completely white with a grey marble counter tops. The counter tops are in a L shape against the wall with an oven, stove and washing machine already built in. On the side where there wasn't a wall that connected to the living room there was a breakfast bar where you could sit on and eat. There was also a closet in the kitchen with had the washing machine and dryer in it. On the other side of the other side of the breakfast bar was the living room. It wasn't big but big enough that it could fit a couch, coffee table and a television. Attached to the living room was a small balcony and the 2 bedrooms. One bedroom was vertical from the kitchen and front door and the other horizontal. Both bedrooms had a bathroom and small walk in closet attached to it.