Chapter 7: Flying Model Rockets

Marceline felt distracted the morning after. Feeling both conflicted and scared at what was presented to her the night before. It wasn't Jungkook; she already knew that his stubborn personality would force him to persist despite her words, and as much as it annoys her shes at least prepared. What she wasn't prepared for was who she encountered later.

It was a beautiful woman, who for a good ten minutes had been staring at her from across the bar before completely vanishing for the rest of the night. It wasn't until Marceline had left for the bathroom prior to them leaving did she encounter her again.

The bathroom was surprisingly empty, and once Marceline had emerged from the stalls the woman was leaning against one of the sinks. Marceline was caught off guard, considering that she hadn't heard the door open.

They stared at each other for a few long seconds before the woman gently smiled at her, then holding out a card to her before exiting.
Marceline stared at the spot the woman stood very much confused before staring down at her card. This was weird. Definitely weird.

After shaking off that event, she began to fully examine the card handed to her. It was black with a red Times Nes Roman font, which was very unexpectedly 2007 emo but she wasn't one to judge. But the writing on it had only done more to confuse her.

Minerva Olivarius!
At your service for a wack journey.

...She wasn't just handed some sex service card, was she?

Turning the card over, she read the only wording that was left: Call out for me when you require my services.
No address or phone number. So not only was this some weird sex scam it was also run by a magic user. Nice.
Marceline scoffed as she shook her head, throwing away the small piece of paper before exiting the building entirely with her friends. They got home with no issues, and that luck continued on as she got ready for bed and crashed for the night. In fact, she entirely forgot about it. But when she woke up the next morning and reached for her phone, her fingers were also met with a small piece of paper.

It was the card, and once she realized what it was she shot up in her bed out of shock, flipping it over to see the new writing written on the bottom.

I don't want your cooch, girl.

Marceline stared at it with wide eyes for a few seconds before scrambling to stuff it in her phone case as Holly started to wake beside her. She didn't know what this person wanted with her, or how they managed to know what she was thinking, but she really didn't want to involve her friends in an even bigger mess than they were already in with Jungkook.

That leads to where she was now, nervously bouncing her leg at the small cafe they were eating breakfast at while she thought about the small black parchment. Damien watched her with concern, noticing her slightly off behavior from the moment they all woke up, and instantly assuming that her now more processed and sober mind was probably thinking about the situation with Jungkook. Once they walked out of the cafe and onto the street, Damien grabbed for her arm and pulled her alongside him behind the group.

"Marceline... are you okay?"

She paused before shrugging her shoulders nonchalantly, "Yeah. Could be better I guess..."

"Is it Jungkook?"

She paused yet again, looking off to the side for a split second before looking back at him. "...Yeah."

Well they both clearly knew that was a lie but Marceline wasn't a big fan of confrontation and yelling at Jungkook yesterday was confrontation enough for her to last her a year. Damien wanted to push it, but her unusually awkward behavior made him settle for ignoring it for the time being.