Chapter 9: Listerine

//UNEDITED//

Disgusting, everything hurts, and she felt like a fucking idiot. It was around two in the morning and Holly was sprawled out like a spider beside her as she slept soundlessly. Jesus, this was like the night before. Marceline scoffed and rolled onto her side, curling into a ball as she waited for her ibuprofen to kick in.

That little confrontation from the day before haunted her mind. She really just let this man slide and then kiss her? What bullshit was that?

Marceline scoffed again, rubbing her face tirelessly as the obnoxious ache in her lower stomach started to gradually fade. Going there while she was on her period really was dumb; her emotions on him and their past was complicated as is, she shouldn't have added her mood swings and typically sad and angry period-self on top of that. In the... 3(?) interactions they've had she's cried in 2 and in the last possibly exposed too much of her mind to Jungkook.

Ugh, Jungkook.

As soon as he felt as though he had a green light to her he was like a clingy child. After they kissed she immediately tried to leave, but he insisted on holding her for longer. After she furiously stomped on his foot, give or take after trying to push him off for 5 minutes, he finally let her go (though it was to reach down for his throbbing toes) and she exited the building as he shouted "I'LL CALL YOU!" from his pain induced state.

He really wasn't kidding either.

Somehow-she placed it on his overwhelming power and influence-he got her number and was blasting her phone with WhatsApp messages that ranged from "Knew I'd get you to like me. You were bound to snap at some point." to "I can't wait to see you again ☺️😚 and kiss you again 🤗😏😎🤪😘😏". At one point he went "can I grab your butt next time 🥺 you're just really soft and your ass got me wildin". After calming down her anger and confusion, she replied with a curt: "If you don't shut up I'm going to block you." That was the first and last time she responded to him.

Whatever Jungkook thought would now go between them was practically in a different book than the page Marceline was on. Cordial acquaintances. That would be it.

***

Jungkook was practically gushing in his bed, giggling quietly to himself as he scrolled through Marceline's Instagram, texting her whatever came into his head. She never responded; always left him on read and at one point she threatened to block him. Assuming she would be all talk and no bite, he continued anyways and got his dumbass blocked. No matter, he'll just get one of his skilled IT guys to work on that in the morning.
Nothing could stop him now. He hadn't been this overjoyed in years; since she left those 4 years ago. But now that he finally had her he was going to milk it of everything it had to offer.

***

The following morning Marceline ran to her parents to seek refuge, needing some sort of stress relief as well as someone to talk to. They were always great listeners, and after her suicide attempt junior year they've been exceedingly attentive to her; and as a result they became extremely knowledgeable on every detail with Jungkook. So to say they were surprised was an understatement to say the least: both quiet with their jaws dropped in an 'o' shape. In the end, they told her that remaining angry wouldn't be beneficial to her health and she should try to forgive him but maintain a safe distance. And while she agreed, she found that that may be hard to do once he started texting her again.

Now that she was back at the house, she finally got to sit down and read through what he sent her. Though he was overall very flirty and bold with his desires he was also very childish. Marceline for a few minutes was convinced that it wasn't even him, but by what he knew about her it was clear that it was indeed Jungkook texting her. She decided not to boost his already shining ego and chose to leave him on read, instead getting up to get ready for their practice as they prepared for this weeks performance.
Jungkook, on the other hand, had just left a pack meeting when he checked his phone to text her again only too see that she did indeed leave him on read.