71

~ the next day ~

shownu's phone rang while all of them were eating leftovers for breakfast. he excused himself from the table and answered the call in the living room.

"hello?"

"shownu?"

"ah, yes, good morning."

"good morning. i have an announcement to give to kihyun and jooheon. could you put them on the phone for me?"

"oh yes. in a moment, please."

he walked to the table with the phone in his hand. he pulled kihyun and jooheon aside and took them into the living room.

"hyungnim wants to talk to you both." he whispered, going back to eat. kihyun and jooheon were still on bad terms, so it was a little hard for the two of them to talk to him.

"hello?" kihyun answered, putting the call on speaker.

"kihyun? jooheon? is that you?"

"yes."

"oh, good morning. i have a last-minute announcement to tell you two; you were both selected to record an original soundtrack of a drama today. i will also have the filming crew film the two of you today."

"really?"

"yes, your ride should be coming in twenty minutes. before i let you go, i want to wish the two of you good luck."

"thank you, hyungnim!"

"no problem, bye."

"goodbye!" kihyun hung up the call and looked at jooheon, who just sighed.

"we should just squash this already." kihyun told him, putting his hand out for jooheon to take. jooheon just rolled his eyes and shook his hand.

"i'm still a bit mad, but not as mad as last night."

"i'll take that."

both of them walked back to the table, sitting down and finishing their food.

"what did he say?" shownu asked.

"he's letting me and hyung record an original soundtrack today." jooheon replied.

"ooh. are you two on good terms?" minhyuk questioned.

"good enough." kihyun answered.

"that's awesome!" changkyun said, nudging kihyun's arm. "so, it's for a drama, right?"

"yeah. not too sure what it'll be about."

"it'll probably be something about love." shownu thought aloud. "the majority of the dramas are based on love. picking out the main vocalist and main rapper, you two will be good for a love song."

"it'll definitely be awkward." jooheon mumbled to himself.

the two trainees arrived at the studio, not saying a word to each other. jooheon was still a little mad at kihyun, but kihyun didn't let anything bother him.

they saw hyungwon first, who hugged the boys and patted their backs.

"i decided that i should come here to watch you two. i'll be here just in case anything goes wrong." hyungwon said, smiling. the two trainees smiled back and followed him into the studio.

they were introduced to the producer and was given the lyrics to the song.

"please go over these, and i'll start recording the one who wants to go first." the producer said, walking away from the boys.

the two looked at the lyrics and sighed; it was, in fact, a love song. they looked at each other and looked back at the lyrics.

"we should try and take some lyrics from here for inspiration for our song." jooheon suggested, flipping through the packet.

"good idea."

the two continued to look through the verses and tried to sing and rap them as best as they could.

"are you ready?" the two looked up and saw hyungwon in the doorway.

"i think i am." jooheon replied.

"alrighty. follow me."

he stood up and looked at kihyun.

"fighting!" kihyun whispered. jooheon smiled and followed hyungwon out of the room. kihyun, on the other hand, felt a little stressed for some reason, but he was somewhat happy that he made jooheon smile for once.