86

~ time skips ~

after the two got some snacks from the convenience store, they both headed to kihyun's dorm.

"you know, i'm just wondering." kihyun started another conversation. "out of all ways to confess, why a letter?"

"i don't know. i didn't have the guts to say it."

"but you did. i thought chae y/n was tough and sassy?"

"around you, i feel so small. i don't know why, though."

"i mean, you are small compared to me."

y/n looked up at him, confused. she soon caught on to what he meant.

"you, shut up! you are the smallest one in your group!"

kihyun laughed. "maybe i am, but who's the smallest one now?"

she sighed. "okay fine. but anyways changing the subject, did the others know you liked me?"

"oh yeah. don't tell anyone i told you this, but jooheon liked you too before."

"he did?"

"mhmm."

"oh no, i feel bad. he doesn't like me anymore, right?"

"nope. and i don't think he will for a while either."

"ugh, you. you're acting like this for what?"

"what are you talking about?"

"you know what i'm talking about."

the couple arrived at the building, kihyun unlocking it with the code. they climbed the stairs with bags of snacks in their hands. he unlocked the door with the keys and opened it, the two being surprised at what they were seeing.

"hyung! you are home!" jooheon exclaimed, walking to the door to help them.

"why are they here?" she whispered to kihyun, pointing at the unexpected sight.

"i don't know, but just stay calm."

"yoo kihyun!" kwangji hollered, walking to them and giving him a handshake. he turned to y/n and hesitantly took a few steps back. "oh y/n. you're here."

"why are you here?" she asked.

"the others invited us over. you?"

"she's here because of me." kihyun popped in, breaking the tension. "don't worry. she won't do anything, right y/n?"

"i can't promise it." she walked past kwangji and went to changkyun.

kwangji just sighed, putting his hand on his head. "i don't want her to hate me forever." he told kihyun.

"just apologize. she will probably forgive you then."

"i don't know if she'll forgive me. she's stubborn, and i hate it."

"do you want me to talk to her? i can if that'll help."

"no, it's alright, look at her; she is having fun. i'll do it sometime later on."

she was, indeed, having fun. she was talking with changkyun, yoonho, and seokwan, all of which were the youngest of their groups.

"well, i'll be around if you need help."

"thanks. i appreciate it."

kihyun just nodded and walked with kwangji to the living room, where everyone else was.

"who wants snacks?" jooheon asked, taking out the packs of chips from the bags kihyun and y/n came home.

"over here, hyung!" seokwan put his arms out, and jooheon tossed a bag to him.

"me too!" y/n yelled. jooheon threw the bag at her, but kihyun caught it instead.

"hey, that was mine!" she whined, hitting his arm. he started to laugh.

"have you ever heard the term, sharing is caring?" he asked, opening the bag and eating the first chip.

"whatever." she pretended to be mad and stood up from the couch. he pulled her arm towards him, which made her sit on it again. he stuffed a chip in her mouth, forcing her to eat it.

"you didn't have to do it like that." she complained, hitting his arm.

"i swear i'll be all bruised up tomorrow." he mumbled, making her laugh.

"you deserve it!"

"there's something up with them." minkyun whispered to kwangji, tilting his head to kihyun and y/n.

"whatever it is, i have no right to care anymore." kwangji replied, eating away his thoughts.