Chapter 22

The Fight

Author's POV:

Everyone expected that main protagonist. Y/n. Can get through this.

Everyone did. Even PJ.

But realistically, Y/n's tired of being looked up. Used. Filling in someone's shoes. While hers can't be filled by herself.

She didn't want to fight no longer as the stranger strangled her. Her body oozing with blood from her deep wounds. Her f/c wings limped as she whimpered. The woman held the girl's chin and made her look at her eyes.

Her brown eyes stared at a dull e/c eye. Her lips chapped. Her cheeks pale.

"Any last words?" Her fan with a knife attached to it cut her cheek and pointed it at Y/n's neck. The latter looked at her.

"Thank you..." she mumbled as tears drop from her chin. The woman grinned and scoffed. "You're always welcome--"

"Because I couldn't do it myself.." she finished as she pushed her neck in the knife and it bleed. The woman stared at her and dropped her. Y/n coughed and stared at her with her eyes confused.

"I can't believe you're Elizabeth's daughter." She said and retracted her knife back at her fan. Her black kimono glimmered as she kneeled at the wounded girl.

"Surprising huh.." Y/n gasped as her wound got painful. The woman sighed and stretched her arm. Brown hue surrounded her arm as it travelled to the girl's wounds and wings.

"Why.. Are you healing me?" Y/n asked. "Weren't you killing me?"

"If I do." The woman retracted her arm back and sighed. "The war won't be over."

"What war?" Y/n turned away and hugged her knees. "If there's a war let the others handle it."

"Unfortunately, that others is you and this school." The woman sat in front of her as brown hue swirled around the both of them. The thunder died down.

"Who are you" Y/n's tone was angry.

"I'm you." The girl laughed at the woman's response.

"Don't fuck with me." She spat as her e/c orbs glared at the woman.

"I'm your subconscious, Y/n"

"Why would you try to kill me then!"

"You wanted to die."

Y/n closed her mouth.

"You find death easy, 'no? All of us do. While living is hard." The woman's brown hue swirled and danced around Y/n in a comforting manner.

"But you're counting the hardships and not the blessings. Tell you what,

Yannie also feels like that. You know ending her life."

"She would never."

"That's true. Back then, when you were a baby, your subconscious can cope with the outside world. Your sister always hugs you for comfort. Grasping at the only light that was called Y/n."

Y/n's eyes started to water as she buries her face on her knees. She couldn't take it. She wants her sister back.

"Please Y/n, if you die.. The world will crumble under Valerie's hands"

"Why didn't.. WHY DIDN'T SHE FINISHED IT?" Y/n emitted her f/c hue and it started to turn to black. Her hair and eyes have black streaks on them. "Yannie's powerful! She could've.. SHE COULD'VE FINISHED HER!" Her wings started to arch as it started to look dull.

She was about to scream when someone spoke.

"Because she can't." Y/n looked back. It was Cil holding AD (Annoying Dog). Her eyes was full of grimace as PJ stepped in.

"Y/n stop... You're hurting yourself." PJ started to approach her as she spat. "Whats new with that?" PJ froze and lunged himself into her with a hug.

"I don't want you hurting.. I don't want you to think you're filling in Yannie's shoes.. I don't want you to think you're alone... Please..." PJ's voice cracked and she didn't like it.

"But I can't do this.." she mumbled.

Then a whine came from Cil's hands. AD was limping towards her as it laid on her feet. PJ pulled back and stroked AD's fur.

"Principal.." Y/n quivered. The woman bent down to AD as she reached out to his stomach, her hand passing through its fur and skin. She pulled out a silver locket necklace.

"Isn't that-"

"That's why its familiar-"

"It's from-"

"Sister.." Y/n mumbled as she looked at the ceiling as the locket let out silver hues around them. Y/n teared up.

"C...come back.. I can't do this..." she mumbled as PJ hugged her. The woman combed her hair and placed it on her left shoulder as PJ stared at her, eyes glowing.

"Calm down, Loverboy" PJ blushed as he tightened his hug. "I'm only putting this on Y/n's neck."

She locked the necklace on Y/n as it glew. The thunder hit the barrier above them as both teachers and students screamed.

Y/n gasped as the necklace glew brighter until fragments of her lost memory came. Her truthful past. It wasn't... About her. It was about the people around her. How she take care of them. Protects them.

As what Muffet saw her.

A Guardian.

"We need to act now!" Error glared at the barrier as Nightmare and Dream chanted to summon another barrier.

"This could not go on any longer." Ink said as he turned to Palette. "Find both of your brothers and Y/n!"

"No need." PJ spoke as he and Y/n approached them with Cil carrying AD and the woman behind.

"Who's.." Muffet was cut off as the woman smiled and opened her fan to cover her mouth.

"She's my.. Guide." Y/n spoke as her hands tightened around PJ. Her wings sprouted and stared at the ominous cloud clumping.

"I'll fight.." she announced as f/c swirled around her body, changing her outfit and summoning her weapon. Her wings got bigger as she stared at the clouds.

"For myself."

And for the first time, someone is fighting beside her.

Okay, I updated quite late, my bad. But hey! A new chap!
More action stuff next week and all so be sure to stick around. To all my readers who supported me til the end thank you! My words of gratitude cannot be expressed through words only but thank youuuu!

Stay safe! Love lots and make good choices!

Sincerely,
Author.