For you

We walked down the steps and made our way towards the dining room, my steps started to slow, and I felt Rowan give my arm a squeeze of reassurance and a warm smile.

"I don't want to go in there" I said unhooking my arm from his. I wasn't being cowardly nor was I shy of how I looked it just felt wrong I could see Rowan wanted to question why but I must have given him a look that told him not to as he closed his mouth and said it was okay. I sucked my bottom lip into my mouth chewing a bit to distract myself from the sinking feeling I was getting.

I felt Rowan pulling me towards the garden path and down some steps I've followed him blindly more in a trance and actually aware of where we were going. He let me down towards the sea where we'd met for the second time where we stood under the moonlight and I'd first realised how much he meant to me.

We had only just stepped onto the beach and I already felt the feeling of complete tranquilly and calm. I sighed and taking in a big breath of air I looked beside me to see a smiling Rowan. He still held my hand and brushed his thumb over my knuckles reassuringly.
I took my hand out of his and bent down taking my shoes off not wanting to get them in dirtier than they already were. The dress was probably going to be covered in sand, but it was too late to stop that now besides, it would probably go with the beach theme of the dinner.

"Who decides the theme for the ball... I mean the dinner thing"

"I do. well a did this year" I was silent, but I couldn't help but want to ask the question that was pulling at me in the back of my mind.

"Why the sea theme" A smile tugged at Rowan's lips and his eyes lit up with a boyish delight.

"I think you know the answer" And I did I did know the answer, he done it for me because I'd said that the sea was my favourite place, the place I felt most at home and closest to my father and my family not those three witches there just left the hotel but my real family.

"I have something to tell you" I gestured for him to continue "You told me about the will and your stepmother's influence, and I want you to know that I want to help. One of my best friends is the best lawyer in the country and he can help you, he will get you out of this. I'll get you out of this. You mean the world to me Lara in only a few short days you've become my world and I know you're afraid to go back in there but..."

"I'm not afraid I just I don't think it's right" I said interrupting him.

"We don't have to and I'm never gonna make you do anything you don't want to do but I think you'd enjoy it"

How could I been so stupid, he had organised the theme for me and I didn't even want to walk back in the room. Now I felt selfish and ungrateful and in that moment I decided that I had to go back in I had to sit down at the table. I wasn't going to pretend like nothing had happened because it had but I was going to enjoy tonight as it should have been.
I start to climb steps back up into the gardens heading towards the door for the dinner. Rowan looked at me strange, questioning what I was doing

"Aren't you coming" Rowan smiled and run up after me I bent down placing my shoes back on reached down I took Romans hand in mine and began pulling him up the steps back to the dining room.

"It will be okay you know I'll make sure of it"

Rowan pushed the doors open I was hoping that nobody would be staring but that was a naive wish when we entered everybody was looking at us not only because I was on the arm of Rowan Dawson but also because of the argument that just happened and probably because the dress was gorgeous.

We began walking in just taking it one step at a time heading towards Rowan's table, that's when I saw her. I had completely forgotten the girl that Rowan was sitting with, his date for this evening. I can't understand it why would he do this all for me and then bring somebody else?

We got to the table and Rowan pulled out my chair I didn't sit down as gracefully as she did I sort of stumbled and fell into the chair. Rowan sat down next to me pulling my chair closer to his so he could wrap his arm around my waist it felt like a protective gesture and it gave me the confidence to smile.

"Well you two put on quiet show" said one of the men at the opposite side of the table.

"Connor really I hardly think now is the appropriate time" Rowan almost snarled. Connor didn't seem malicious or judgemental in its intent more curious and surprised.

"Ignore him he's a complete idiot. Hi, I'm Grace it's really nice to meet you at last although I wish wasn't the better circumstances" said the girl who had come in with Rowan.
As she spoke she pulled me into a tight hug squeezing me and then pulling back and smiling the same bright smile Rowan had given me only a few minutes ago.

"I'm sorry at last?" she was taking as if she already knew me.

"Just ignore her she has too big a mouth." Although his words were harsh, and she placed her hand on her heart pretending to be wounded I could see she was not taking him seriously.

"I am deeply hurt that is no way to talk to your little sister." She said laughing

"Sister?" Ok it made so much more sense now. I couldn't help myself and I admit it I was jealous of her but now I felt silly for being so quick to jump to conclusions.

"Lara this is my annoying little sister Grace"