The dinner part 2

So I have been editing the chapters a bit just putting what was previously two chapters into one. Anyway here is a new chapter Please comment what you think

"Would someone like to tell me what the HELL is going on here!" shouted Rowan

Silence followed, I was unsure if it was due to a lack of an explanation or fear of what his reaction might be. The small smile that had previously been on my face faded and was replaced with a sinking feeling; I wished the floor would just swallow me up.

"Mr Lawson, I apologise for this girls behaviour. She is just so clumsy; we won't disturb your meal any longer" my stepmother said placing her hands on my shoulder and letting her nail sink in like the claws of a predator who had just caught its prey.

"Clean it up" said Rowan directing his command my way and leaving no room for argument. I wouldn't lift my head to look at his face again instead opting to stare at the floor. I felt a tear slip from my eye and drop to the ground.

"Do as he says girl"

I felt the prod of my stepmothers fingers in my back nudging me to the floor and my task ahead.

"Not Lara, I meant you"

Immediately I whipped my head round to look at Rowan, he was furious. He started at my stepmother with such intent it seemed just one look could burn a hole right through her. Cassandra must have realised he was on the verge of violence and slowly bent down picking up the pieces of broken plate that lay shattered on the floor.

"All of it"

With Rowan's command she began scooping the remains of the dinner using her hands onto the plate. I felt frozen in time, paralyzed with disbelief as I watched her do what she had made me do for years.
Once she was finished she rose again to her feet, both Julia and Melissa stood behind watching in shock, and regained her stature of pride as if nothing had happened. But in the corner of her eyes I could see the anger and sadness she was trying so hard to burry.

"Now get out" said Rowan with bored indifference.

I watched all three of them leave heading back up the stairs. That when it hit me, everything I have is owned my Cassandra, I had no choice but to follow them.

I turned to smile at Rowan and started walking out when I felt an arm wrap around me waist and pull me in towards his body. He reached up his hand to caress my cheek and then trailed his hand through the strands of my ponytail.

"Where do you think your going?" I didn't say anything and just let silence fall between us "I think you have some explaining don't you angel?" he paused looking me up and down "Let's get you changed"

Rowan laced his hands with mine murmuring his apologies to the people at his table and lead me out of the dinning hall and up the stairs to what I assumed was his room. I couldn't ignore the tingling sensation of where out hands met; it was addicting.

As we reached the room Rowan opened the door guiding me through, closing the door behind us.

His room was even more beautiful than the one Cassandra was staying in. He led me to the coach and then pulled me close to him once we were both sitting down.

We just sat there for a few minuets listening to each other's beating hearts and being comforted by the familiar and homey sent. Rowan began to pull away to place a long and tender kiss on top of my head.

"Angel please tell me what is going on. I hate seeing you sad or hurt." He placed his fingers underneath my chin tilting my face up to look at him.

I took a deep breath in and began to explain everything. Stating with my fathers remarriage and what happened with his death and the will and finishing with her smashing the plate on the floor. I had always tried to see the best in people but when I said it all in the short space of time I begun to realise how badly they had treated me. I looked up at Rowan to find him with his head hung low and fiddling with my fingers. 

"Its ok, I'll figure something out the spell has worn off now I know what she is, and I am going to take back what she took from me and my father"

"I will help you, whatever you need, I am here for you always"

Rowan took my hand once again telling me to follow him to through some doors and into the closet.

"I have something for you"

Rowan opened one of the closet doors taking out the most beautiful dress I had ever seen. The dress was made out of mix of baby bule and darker blue satin with a tule overlay that created the appearance of what seemed like waves, here was lace embroidery on the bodice with flower appliques stitched to the off the shoulder neckline and cascading down the bodice and pooling where the skirt touched the floor. There were little rhinestones all over which caught the light perfectly making it seem as if the stars themselves were reflected in the sea.

I looked in awe and disbelief at the dress and at Rowan. I moved towards him as he held the dress and took the hanger from him.

"I will give you some privacy" he began to walk out the room but turned on his heels and stood in the doorway and said, "Unless you want me to say of course", I rolled my eyes and laughed.

On seeing him leave I took the dress of its hanger and began to put it on. Luckily, the back of the dress was a zip and I had very little trouble fastening it.

I stepped out into the main living area to find Rowan talking to someone on the phone with his back facing me, but he must have heard me open the door because he ended the phone call and turned to face me. He stood there for ages just smiling and looking at me, until he gasped and walked to where a pale blue box lay on the sofa. Motioning me to sit on the sofa, he knelt down and opened the lid revealing a beautiful pair of pale blue shoes with gold vines winding their way up the heel and across the back of the shoe.

"May I" he said gesturing to my foot. I picked up the hem of my dress revealing my bare feet and he took my foot sliding the show on.

"It's a perfect fit" I bit my lip and gave a little laugh as he took my other foot and did the same.

Sitting himself back on to the sofa he reached round and took out my ponytail allowing my hair to fall loose. Without breaking eye contact he picked up the brush from the table behind me and began to brush my hair, twisting it into a half up half down hairstyle and gripping it in place.

"I used to braid my sister hair, so I learnt a few things. Your beautiful"

"Thank you" I was unsure if it was the right thing to do at first, but I leant in and placed a kiss on his lips anyway. All my fears were dispelled however when he bean to kiss me back, caressing my lips with such tenderness and affection. He pulled away and we both smiled at each other.

"Come on my love. I saved you a seat at our table." He said taking my arm in his and escorting me down to the dinning hall.