2: Johnny's Rage

"You're Taeyong... Right?" They repeated with a growing sense of urgency.

A small smile played on his lips as he nodded

A small smile played on his lips as he nodded. Getting recognised was the usual, but this fan seemed more eager than most.

She strangely reminded him of an idol with the way her dyed hair fell in red ringlets. It was striking.

"Jihae?" Taeyong guessed, responding to her puzzled look by motioning towards her name badge.

"Oh." She replied.

Taeyong cringed at that response. Normally, when meeting fans they do most of the talking. He wondered if all girls were like this, it's not like he had other conversations to compare it too. Most of his female interactions were carefully monitored and brief. Like it or not though, he had to say something.

With hands clasped tightly in front of his stomach he blurted out the most scripted sentence he could think of. "So, do you want a picture?"

"Actually," she started, eyes filled with excitement, "I wanted to ask if you could critique my dancing...?"

Such an unusual request sent him into a child-like happiness as she talked about the countless hours spent learning the choreography to Seventh Sense.

Her hands lapsed with his, holding them for a second and squeezing kindly. "I need to do this just to prove something to myself. I left my old dance group in Korea."

-Sunset Crew ☼-

-
Sunset Crew ☼
-

Taeyong smile faded slightly. "And you came to Venice?"

"It wasn't the smartest of ideas." She admitted. At heart, she was an impulsive romanticist who wanted nothing more than to solo perform in such a beautiful city.

"I don't normally do this, but take it" he said, handing her a crumpled piece of paper. "It has my number, we'll meet in a few hours and I'll text if anything comes up."

"I'm nervous! It's like an audition!" She called back to her idol who had returned to his speed walking again.

As filming got underway, he put Jihae to the back of his mind. It's something his other members both hated and respected, his ability to bracket off everything and everyone whenever he performed.

It wasn't until he noticed the darkening sky that his thoughts returned to their meeting.

"Look at how good you look dancing alongside the Grand Canal." The cameraman spoke, gesturing towards his favourite frames.

He was being congratulated for his hard work, but Taeyong didn't hear a single word. Instead, all he could think about was the disappointed expression of the girl he promised to meet.

How many hours late was he? It was not too late. Not too late to be honest. Not too late to tell the truth about forgetting and...

Jihae
You're a couple of hours late. You're okay, right?

Jihae
I can't wait much longer, please don't tell me you've bailed?

Taeyong froze, reading the texts repeatedly. He couldn't confront her.

Taeyong
I MESSED up, really messed up

Ten
The shooting went badly?

Taeyong
I left a fan waiting for hours. I feel like shit! I can't even respond to her texts.

Ten, do you wish to forward this message to Johnny?
Accept. Decline.