3: Guilt & Confusion

...Message forwarded to Johnny

Johnny TY! Am I reading this right?

Johnny
TY! Am I reading this right?

Taeyong
I'm going to kill Ten... Look, I can just send a message and apologise to her.

Johnny
Seriously?! By text? You're supposed to be our leader and she's one of your FANS. Step-up, act like the man I'm supposed to admire and apologise in-person.
___
Johnny was right, not that Taeyong wasn't already aware. He knew he'd done something pretty awful when he had to make up a million excuses to justify not texting her back.

He had to either get tougher and deal with his problems or start listening to his conscious, the middle ground guilt wasn't bearable anyway.

Taeyong
Hi, I wanted to ask for a chance to apologise in person. (It's Taeyong btw.)

Jihae
Sure! Today?
___
Words left him as he read the reply that came fast and with a positive tone. "Why isn't she mad?" He mumbled aloud in confusion.

Maybe she really idolised him? Or, she was just a nice person? Either option made him feel worse for treating her so poorly.
___
Taeyong
Yea, I'd love a second chance. I'm flying back to Korea in about five hours, but if you want to meet by The Grand Canal ASAP?
___
"I sound like a cheating boyfriend." He groaned. It was almost laughable.

Of course, she agreed to his proposal. Though, in an almost sad twist of fate, when the time came to meet she was late.

Twenty minutes passed. An hour passed. Two hours passed.

"Is this how I made her feel?" Taeyong thought, questioning how long he could wait before risking his scheduled flight.

"I'm so sorry!" Came the voice, cutting through his thoughts like a blade and stopping Taeyong in his tracks.

Instead of looking at her texts, he was staring into the eyes of the small girl he'd been avoiding.

"It's not too late Taeyong." His thoughts screamed, "Just apologise and don't be awkward..."

As he desperately searched his mind for something to say, his heart decided to speak for him, "I like your jacket."

It was going to be a long, painful conversation.