~Eighteen

Gabriella's thoughts

° Once I want to be happy.

❄️

❄️

❄️

❄️

"Where are we?" I asked Isaac as he lead me down a dirt path in somewhat forest. Somewhat because there was an open road and not as much trees.

"Just right here." He said and led me into a tent big enough for two.

"You did this?" I asked in awe. The tent was decorated in Christmas lights flashing of several colours and a mat covered half of the floor. He opened the woven basket and pulled out a few snacks.

"Welcome to your first date, Gabriella Williams."

"This is beautiful. How did you pull it off if you just got back today?" I sat beside him on the mat.

"I called a friend up for a favour. Let's eat, shall we?" He smiled brightly.

We dig into the bowls of pasta, roasted chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy.

"I have some news." Isaac said, taking a bite of his chicken.

"What?" I looked up at him curiously.

"When I went out of town, it wasn't totally to see relatives. I saw a doctor out there and my cancer is nearly cured. I just have to take a few chemo sessions and run a few test because they said it can't just go like that."

"Oh my! Isaac, that's good news!" I throw my hands around him and hug him.

"I'm so full, I could burst." I laughed, lying down on the mat with both arms behind my head.

"It's not over yet." He said, getting up.

"It's not?" I asked surprised. "What else do you have in stalled?"

"Can you swim?" He smirks.

"Swim?"

"Yes." He chuckles.

"Don't people say that it's not good to go swimming after a meal or something like that?"

"Who cares?" He pulls me up with force and before I can process what's going on, he's carried me over his shoulders and threw me in the water.

"Uh!" I gasped. "I can't swim! I can't swim!! I can't swim!!!" I yell trying to find my way out of the water.

"What?" Isaac said shocked. He pulls off his shirt in haste and jumps in to save me.  He swims over to me and is about to take my hand but I pull him under the water with me.

"What the?!!" He comes back up to the surface of the water, gasping for air. "What was that? I thought you couldn't swim?"

"Of course I can swim." I laugh at him.

"Why did you tell that you can't then?!" He brushes the wet hair away from his eyes.

"For payback! You made my whole cloth wet. That's what you get!!" I said still laughing.

"Really? Think it's funny?" He asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Yes." I cover my mouth with my hand to suppress the laughter but it doesn't work.

"Think this is funny?" He pulls me closer and kisses me. My laughter dies and I fall into his embrace letting my hands run up to his and get tangled in his wet hair while his hands still hold on to my waist and pulls me closer to him.

"Speechless right?" He pulls away from me laughing. "Guess I'm the one that had the last laugh."

"I'm not speechless, I'm just not done." I said and pull him down for lips to meet again.

I returned home that night wet but with the biggest smile on my face and it only got bigger when Camry called.

"Thank you so much, Gabby." She had said.

"Thank you for what?" I asked confused.

"Mom said she'll go back to dad. She gave me my phone back and promised she'll work it out with dad. Whatever you said to her, thank you so much. You helped a lot and I'm glad you are my sister."

"I'm always there for you, Cam." I smiled.

I'm glad her mom listened and I'm glad I could help my sister.