A Study in Pink - Chapter Sixteen

Clara Macpherson's Point of View

"He's gone."

"I'm sorry, what?" I asked, completely bewildered as Sally descended the stairs.

"Sherlock Holmes took off." She added.

I nodded slowly, still skeptical of her. John stepped around me. "Is he coming back?"

"Didn't look like it." She answered.

I thought for a moment before voicing my inquiry, "Right, er, d'you know where we could get a cab? You know for his leg."

She lifted the police warning tape for us, answering as she dropped it behind us. "Oh, right, well, seeing this, you might want to try the main road. If that helps in any way."

"Well, thanks for your help." John said, waving her off and walking towards the main road.

"But you're not his friends." We both turned around in shock. "He doesn't have friends. So who are you?" Sally commented, her hands on her hips.

John spoke first, before I could even open my mouth. "I'm ... I'm nobody. She's a nobody. We just met him."

"Okay, well bit of advice then to you two: stay away from that guy." She informed us.

"Why?" I asked, curiosity getting the better of me. "Why should we stay away, as you so eloquently informed us? Maybe that's why he's so closed off, because you haven't given him a chance. Because in my opinion, I think Sherlock is an absolute dear." I huffed, crossing my arms across my chest in child-like defiance.

"Oh, hush." She snickered. "You know why he's here? He's not paid or anything. He likes it. He gets off on it. The weirder the crime, the more he gets off. And you know what? One day just showing up won't be enough. One day we'll be standing 'round a body and Sherlock Holmes'll be the one that put it there."

"Why would he do that?" John asked, frowning. "He doesn't seem like the guy who goes popping off and murders someone for the hell of it."

"Because he's a psychopath. And psychopath's get bored." She replied snidely.
Lestrade walked out, "Donovan! Where the hell are you?"

She spun on her heels and replied with a simple: "Coming!" She faced the two of us again, "Just please, please stay away from Sherlock Holmes."

"Right," he mused, looking at me and then back to Sally. "Right then... Yes. Clara, want to grab a bite?"

"Sure, I'm famished." I bid farewell to Sally and exited the building. By the time we got out of the building, John and I decided to get a coffee and just get to know each other.

"Where were we again?" John asked as we hailed a cab. I watched him for a moment before answering.

"Brixton, I think."

"Let's hope you're bloody right." He chuckled, opening the door to the cab, allowing me to get in. I quietly thanked him and slid in the back.

"I usually am," I joked before telling the cabbie to take us to random cafe in the main town. The ride was quiet, with few words conversed between John and I. It went very well, in bad conversational terms, like a game of twenty questions betwixt two adults and we weren't keeping score.

Myself: Where were you before 221B?

John: Cheap place the government let me rent out as I readjusted to civilian life. What about yourself?

Myself: Scotland. I was in Uni there, taking literature classes.

John: Oh, did you like it?

Myself: Yeah, it was nice. I was bunking with a good mate of mine. But my therapist said I should get away from the triggers of my past. It's strange though, I don't remember much of my past, so I don't actually know what could trigger it.

John: Maybe you have amnesia.

Myself: It's always been a possibility. I mean, I was diagnosed with PTSD when I nineteen, but I don't know what caused it.

John: Any scars?

Myself: Yeah, there's this one on my lower chest on the side. Weird thing is, I don't know how I got it.

And with my last words being those, I looked away and closed my eyes against the side of the taxi.

_________________
a/n
Hi guys. Sorry it's late. Like overdue book late
But I hope you like it. Even if I had this written out ages ago.
My how time flies.

-------~>
Picture to the side is Rose Leslie who portrays Clara Macpherson
--------~>

Anywho---
QotC(1): where are you reading from?
I'm currently in Germany.
QotC(2): if you could meet me, what would you ask me?

See you in a bit guys.
Love you,
noella.xx.