1

It was the last class on the last day of school. The teacher was doing roll call.

"Jeremy Heere."
"..Present."

"Heather Macnamara."
"Hello."

"Connor Murphy."
"Where is Connor?"
The class started to whisper as he entered the class and sat in the back. "Sorry I'm late." He sat in the back as the teacher proceeded to call role.

Heather glanced at Connor then looked back down at her desk. The whole day she had been looking at him, and Chandler was getting suspicious. She passed a note.

Heather. Why do you keep looking at Connor? You know he's not worth your time.

Heather,

Macnamara couldn't think of what to write back. If she said she had even a tiny crush on Connor, Chandler would ridicule her about it for the rest of the summer. But, she decided to be brave.

Heather, I like Connor.

She folded and passed the note over to Chandler quickly, hearing her pen scribble on the peice of paper.

As soon as Chandler wrote a response the bell rang, and Heather grabbed her books and walked quickly out. She wasn't very good with confrontation. She met With Duke in the hallway while she got all her stuff out of her locker. But of course, Chandler stopped her.

"Connor. Out of all the boring boys here, you pick Connor?"

"Yes. And it might seem pathetic, but I do like him. I want to be with him."

Duke just stood back and stiffled her laughs because if she laughed she would cause attention to their argument, then that would lead to Macnamara telling the whole school she liked Connor Murphy.

"He dresses like a school Shooter!"

"Yeah and you look like a cherry!" Macnamara slowly realized what she said, and ran out the school doors and to her house. Her parents greeted her, but she was too quick and ran up the stairs to her room.

"FUCK!" she yelled into her pillow as she flopped onto her bed. Looks like summer is gonna hurt like a motherfucker.