1.

A serial killer on the loose. The local news couldn't stop talking about it, which pressured him more and more to find the lunatic that was terrorizing the town. Another news report. The same news over and over again. Yes, a man was shot. Yes, a woman was killed. As the Sheriff, he knew that by now.

Though, there was one thing he had to admit. If he had the time, he could listen to her for ages. That woman. Alice Smith. Or actually, Alice Cooper. But she didn't use her husband's name on tv, for some reason. She has been the live reporter of RIVW for two years now and she could sell every story, no matter how insane.

It wasn't as if FP had to watch the news to be up-to-date about the Black Hood case. He was the Sheriff after all. Everything they told was either information that came directly from him and his squad, or was something he already knew, but didn't want to share with the town yet.

Oversharing would cause panic, which in this case had long started. Still, the tv in his office was constantly on the news channel, just so he could watch her. He had been watching her ever since her first broadcast. A few times before he had met her, when the spoke about some other cases that weren't as intense as this one. It had been a short conversation, but there was something about her that he couldn't easily forget.

She had send him several e-mails wherein she requested to get an interview with him, but he had either ignored her or respectfully declined. His last concern was falling for some journalist trap where in he would spill details that didn't need to come out yet. His job was for this town to feel safe, which meant that --for now-- he'd only share information that was absolutely necessary.

Looking at her on his television made him smile just a little. She looked like a pitbull, but in a princess dress. Ready to attack, just in case. A sweet smile on her face. Enough distraction. He grabbed the remote and pressed on the red off button. It had been a repeat of the twelve o' clock news, anyway. Tons to people to check-up on, tons of pieces of evidence to find a connection between.

Though, his attempt to get off his chair to meet with some witnesses of the latest murder was brutally interrupted when his office door swung open, revealing a blonde woman in a pantsuit with eyes that spat fire. It was the news lady. It was Alice Smith.

FuckWhat the hell was she doing here? FP was certain that he didn't make an appointment with her, not after purposely ignoring her. She looked scary, but he wasn't afraid of her. Not yet, at least.

"Sheriff Jones, it's great that I ran into you." Alice closed the door behind her, her voice filled with a tad of sarcasm.

"You barged into my office, what else did you expect?" He groaned unamused. His head was already pounding enough from the sleepless nights, he didn't need some journalist to yell at him and make things worse.

"You can't keep ignoring my requests. The citizens of the town of Riverdale deserve answers. It's your job to give them." Alice ignored his comment and crossed her arms.

"It's my job to get the bastard behind bars. It's your job to give answers." He commented back, knowing that he got her with this. Sure, he should cooperate to help her get what she wanted, but if she'd like to play this game, so could he.

"You're the damn Sheriff. Nobody knows this case better than you do. Knowledge is power. So, are you willing to share that with the people you claim to keep safe?" Alice had walked over to his desk as she spoke and placed her hands on the edge, to watch him like a lion that was ready to kill its prey.

"This man is dangerous, Mrs. Cooper. What if he watches, huh? If I share what I know, he will always be one step ahead of me. Or would you like to disagree on that?" FP folded his hands together, now willing to have a more adult conversation about this, instead of a game where neither of them had the time for.