12.

FP walked his way towards his trailer, not having any idea that Alice would anxiously be waiting for him inside. And though he only had been checking up on some of the younger Serpents this morning, it felt like she had to wait an eternity. She had been throwing up ever since the sun had risen and therefore it was as if she had been awake for two days straight. Her eye lids were heavy, but she knew she wouldn't fall asleep unless she had spoken to FP. 

He was happily surprised to see her when he walked inside, but that happy face quickly faded when he saw how concerned she looked.

"Hey, everything alright?" His voice was soft as he was genuinely worried what was going on with her. It was clear that there was something off and he hoped she would be willing to share that with him. Alice wasn't even changed into her neat blouses like she did usually. Just an old t-shirt of his and a pair of denim jeans, which was red flag number one. 

She wasn't going to beat around the bush, she wanted to be completely honest. And though she wasn't even sure yet about her suspicions, she needed for him to know that there might be a chance that she was carrying his child.

"FP... I'm late. And it could be the stress from the past months, but it could be.... more." She said quietly, almost afraid to look him into the eyes.

Her life had been a rollercoaster this past year, or actually ever since she married Hal. It could be that her body was just recovering from all the years of tension and frustration inside her. Though, it was safe to say that protection hadn't been their first priority when they started their affair. It was just as much possible that it wasn't stress, but that she had pregnancy signs.

"Oh. Yeah, Uh... You've got a test?" FP awkwardly scratched the back of his neck, looking like a teenage boy who just heard that he probably knocked up his barely eighteen year old girlfriend.

He never had a pregnancy scare before, let alone someone who ever mentioned kids in their relationship. Usually, he was the one telling his partner at the time that in the future he saw kids, just before they flew. This was all very knew for him.

"I do... I wanted to wait until you were home." Alice smiled sadly, as she was a little disappointed by his reaction. Not that she expected him to be all ecstatic about the little possibility but he almost looked uninterested. Truth was, he was almost rendered speechless. He cared with his whole heart, he only wasn't good in showing it. 

As if he could read her mind he took a few steps closer to her and cupped her face with one hand, while the other stroke through her blonde looks. 

"How are you feeling? You look pale." He said quietly as he examined her face. She had been looking like that all week, but he didn't want to question it, especially not when she just went through something traumatic. Hell, they both did. It was no wonder their bodies were acting up, right?

"Have been throwing up all morning." She confessed with a sigh and closed her eyes for a brief moment as she focused on his thumb stroking her cheek. His touch was calming, like it always was. 

"Do you want me to get your some fruit? Some soup, maybe?" He asked her sweetly, having no idea how to deal with a situation like this. Though, his instincts told him just to make sure she was somewhat fine no matter if their lives would change in a few minutes.

"No, I-- I just want to take this test." She stammered, feeling a little overwhelmed herself. Hal had always been so strict when it came to protection that she never even had a scare before. Was she excited? Was she nervous? Was she even ready to face reality?

"Okay. That's alright. I'll be here, take your time." FP smiled nervously as he let his hand slide from her face. His stomach was turning, but he wanted to keep his cool for her. What would he do when she was pregnant? Was he allowed to be happy? Was it too soon, too much, too fast?